Yin Yang Compatibility [Part 2] Adrienette

When Marinette arrived home from patrol on Saturday evening she was buzzing with excitement. She had a date with Adrien Agreste. Well a sort of date ... a maybe date ... an evening which might turn into a date. When Chat Noir had agreed to it she felt her heart expand in her chest almost restricting her breathing down to nothing, not only had he agreed to it, he had agreed to it on Valentine's Day.

She had a date with Adrien on Valentine's Day!

She hadn't got anything special planned, just a picnic on their favourite rooftop; candles, music, food, cushions, making out ...

Oh my God! She was going to make out with Adrien Agreste, well Chat Noir, but he is technically the same person so it still counted.

She began to dance around her room pinning up the list of couples ready to visit them tomorrow with their new assignments. She didn't want to take the day away from the normal couples so she'd planned their bonding day for later on in the week.

"Marinette, are you okay?"

"I've never been better Tikki," the smile on her face was brighter than the sun. She was going on a Valentine's date with Adrien Agreste.

She stopped her dancing in front of one of his pictures, lifted her hand to her mouth and blew him a kiss. She could be dating Adrien Agreste within the next 48 hours, oh wow! This was a lot to take in.

She slumped down on the floor next to her chaise lounge and pulled her knees into her chest, the sudden excitement popping like a cheap balloon.

"What if he guesses who I am and doesn't want to date me?" Marinette wasn't quite sure who she was talking to, but she needed to air out her worries.

"What do you mean?" The kwami's gathered around her, being their usual supportive selves to try and stop her from spiralling out of control.

"What if he guesses I'm me and freaks out? It'll ruin our friendship, and our partnership, and our lives then Shadowmoth will win, take our Miraculous' and end the world."

"A little dramatic there aren't we?" Kaalki asked, raising their eyebrows at Tikki and waiting for a reply.

"You've been around her long enough to know that she can make an episode of Love Island look like a Shakespearen drama." The kwami's all laughed as Marinette stood abruptly pulling on her piggy tails and moving towards her closet.

"I'm going to need to make him want me. I can start at school on Monday. I'll wear something he finds me desirable in."

"Why don't you wear the Chat Noir outfit you'd created?" Tikki suggested, only for Marinette to throw her a warning glance.

"I'm not ten Tikki, that'll just look stalkerish. We don't live in a romcom. It's not like he will suddenly come over to me and be like 'oh, M'Lady, I just love it when you wear my colours.' You've been reading too much fanfiction, Tikki." The other kwami's snorted, knowing full well Tikki's obsession with Ladynoir fan accounts. She was also rather fond of the Ladrien ones, but Marinette didn't need to know that.

Marinette continued to rummage through her clothes, throwing everything everywhere before finding the exact thing she wanted.

On Monday she was going to be wearing red. She was going to be wearing her colours, not his and hopefully his jaw would drop down to his feet.

︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵

Marinette woke up on Monday 20 minutes before her alarm was due to go off. She had a bizarre cocktail of excitement and apprehension circling through her veins, and she was beginning to wonder if this was actually a good idea after all.