Pain!

I decided to have a little writing practise today and thought I'd post it here for you to all see.

•••••

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was Ladybug.

Ladybug was invincible (within reason).

But Marinette Dupain-Cheng was not and this pain was immense. A pain like nothing she'd ever experienced before.

As the transformation wore off she stumbled forward and clenched her fingers into the nearest object, which happened to be her wooden chair.

She fell to her knees, tears forming in her eyes which slowly released as she took deep breaths to stay calm. She prayed this would pass but instead it intensified with each and every move she made. She rested her forehead against the arm of the chair, her nails hard against the splintered wood.

The feeling lingered and radiated. The hero of Paris was down on her knees as the world around her grew darker. She was going to pass out, there was no doubt in her mind. Her ears had started to muffle her partner's cries of worry, and her eyes wanted nothing more than to be closed. They fluttered open and closed as she fought for consciousness.

Her body screamed, every inch protesting against movement of any kind. Oh, how she wished she'd listened to him. Listened to her partner when he'd told her to stop being so stubborn. It was her fault she was here now. She was the one who ran away in a jealous rage.

A pressure was felt on her back, pressure the size of a teen boy, a teen boy who at the moment was still dressed as a cat. The sharp claws tickled down her spine as he tried to comfort her by moving his hand in small circles.

She flinched from the feeling, coughing and bending forward; spitting; throwing up almost. She reached behind her, smacking the hand away as it attempted to continue to comfort her. She didn't want him touching her. He had caused this.

The cruel throbbing became a mockery of her as she continued to weep; another wretch pushing at her stomach. She attempted to get up, to make her way onto the seat her nails had carved into but her movement had stalled, jammed like cone film.

She screamed, though this time it was different, it was the pain that gripped when she tried to stand up. Her legs wouldn't move. Her eyesight darkened again and she lost her bearings, unsure of where she was. She was going to die. She was sure of it.

Marinette knew that when she stopped her cries and looked into the dark, night sky the only sound she would hear would be gentle groans.

And then it happened. She looked up, taken aback by the soft moans filling the silent still air. It took her a few moments before you realised it was herself.

This was the end.

"Kitty, I can't ... I don't know what to do." Her voice was breathless. The fear, the hurt, the uncertainty.

"M'Lady?"

"I'm sorry for everything, Chaton. There is still so much I wanted to tell you, so much you don't know."

She closed her eyes, only to feel his strong hands on her shoulders as he lifted her onto the chair and moved to sit in front of her. Oh how she was going to miss the care and comfort she always felt around him.

"Seriously Marinette, all you did was kick a plant pot, I'm quite sure it's not life threatening."

He removed her shoe and looked at her little toe which was competing for the award of largest against the others.

He smiled at his partner as Tikki returned with a bag of frozen peas.

Placing them again against the obviously broken toe he couldn't help but laugh.

This girl could be dramatic sometimes, but it was just another reason why he loved her.