Caught Red Faced

Marinette was sure she was going to be late or die from a cardiac arrest trying to get there on time.

As she moved down the street, her whole body suddenly became unbearably frazzled as she checked her watch for what felt like the millionth time that minute. After a wonderful two weeks in paradise with her new husband; the peace and relaxation was terminated and she was thrust straight back into her 'normal life' — which, unfortunately, included the rat race which was Paris.

With a hop, skip and a jump, she manoeuvred herself through tiny gaps within crowds in a haste. She wasn't too late, but that didn't make it any more reasonable. She'd agreed to meet Adrien at 10am sharp for his suit fitting and right now it was 9:45am. 15 mins and two streets... she had this.

When she'd woken up that morning she'd gotten a little... distracted. She had opted for a little more hubby time before having to get ready. Probably not her smartest move as it ended with a timed dash to get ready and out the door. Putting makeup on as she threw on her dress, it seemed equivalent to riding a mechanical bull and eating spaghetti — not that she'd tried; her husband on the other hand...

Leapfrogging over a tourist tying their shoe lace, she made a mental note to tell her Chat Noir as soon as she got home about her Olympic standard Paris tourist parkouring. He would eat it up!

'Ladybug leapfrogging' he'd say, 'you're an insect not an amphibian.'

The thought of her husband had her lost in thought as she accidentally stepped out into the road, sending an unlucky cyclist swerving around her and landing head first in a trash can.

"Sorry!" she apologetically yelled as she continued across the busy street and into the direction of the mansion.

One more street.

Her thoughts moved from Chat Noir to Adrien and Marinette couldn't help but wonder why he still lived with his father? The blond ex-model was an influential, sophisticated, professional with a very well paid job. He could move out whenever he wanted. It just made zero sense.

Finally, reaching the gates, Marinette bent over and tried to gather her breath; hand on her knees and head down between her legs. Dear Lord! She knew going to an all inclusive 5* resort was asking for trouble. She'd have to run extra laps later to try and get her stamina back and burn off some of the margaritas and cheesecake. Maybe she could entice her better half with a game of kiss chase — hubba, hubba!

Pressing the buzzer, Nathalie welcomed Marinette and opened the gates. For once she didn't have to break in; the whole experience of having the red carpet rolled out was kind of unnerving.

Standing tall, brushing her hands over her forehead and her skirt down, she strutted down the cobblestone pavement like a top class business woman, pouting her natural lips and puffing out her chest. But as she came to the front door, the friendship she'd gained with the Agrestes PA seemed to... disappear. Nathalie's welcoming face seemed to be questioning her in the most unnerving way.

"H-H-Hi," Marinette said with an awkward wave. Her bravado disappeared quicker than their most recent — easy — defeats of Monarch.

"Hello," Nathalie waved back. Her eyes were wide and her mouth slightly open as her hand hung lifeless in the air.

"Adrien should be expecting me." Marinette looked around the older woman and into the foyer of the house, hoping and praying she could spot her friend. If Adrien ever wanted to do his usual macho action of saving her, now would be an ideal time.

Nathalie nodded her head, her jaw still slack and glaring at Marinette's face. Damn it! Had she messed up her makeup that badly? She blamed Chat for blowing air on her neck as she placed on her mascara.