Now I Know the Truth [Post Wishmaker S4]

Time travel can mess you up and in poor Luka's case make you slightly delusional
•••••

Luka
Hi Marinette,
Can I come over to see you today? It's kind of important.

Marinette
Yeah, sure. Is everything ok?

Luka
Everything is perfect now. See you soon.

Luka parked his bike up outside the Dupain-Cheng patisserie and waited for Marinette to exit the college grounds. He smiled to himself thinking about what was about to happen. Today was going to be a good day, like really good.

Lost in his day dreams he never heard the bell ring from the school, missing the groups of youngsters leaving via the steps. It wasn't until he heard a scream that his attention was pulled to the opposite side of the road.

He couldn't help chuckling to himself as Adrien caught Marinette at the bottom of the steps. Typical Marinette, falling and typical Chat Noir catching his lady. That was one thing on his list he needed to discuss with her. Adrien had to change that nickname. It wouldn't be appropriate anymore.

Watching the display of the two teens was awkward, yet Luka knew in their other forms she'd be pushing him away by his nose and he'd be grovelling at her feet. They were a funny couple to watch, always entertaining.

Luka began to walk towards the crossroads as he saw Marinette make her way over. She gave him a slight smile and a small wave as she crossed the road to join him.

"Hi Luka," she said, embracing him in her arms. He couldn't help breathing her in, taking a good sniff of her vanilla scented hair.

"Hey Marinette, thank you for agreeing to this."

"Of course, you're my friend after all."

"Best friend?" He questioned causing her to laugh.

"Sure," she agreed, "best friend."

He grabbed her hand and allowed her to lead him into the bakery, where he greeted her parents. They gave him a weird look as they walked through, obviously wondering why they were holding hands since they'd broken up only a month ago. He was sure all would be revealed soon though, after all he now knew the truth.

"Do you want anything to drink?" She asked, leading uka up to her room.

"No thanks, I'm good for now. Maybe we can go for ice cream later?"

"I don't know Luka," Marinette responded, "I've got a lot to do around here."

"Oh, I know."

She looked at him, eyebrows frowning.

"You ... know?"

"Oh yes, I definitely know." He winked at her and she grabbed a hold of her hands, playing ith her fingers infront of herself.

"What exactly do you know?" She asked.

"I know who you are." He stated matter of factly.

"Who I am?"

"Yes, who you are?"

Marinette let out a high pitched giggle and moved towards Luka.

"You must be mistaken, I'm just me. Just a normal girl with a normal life, I haven't got any secrets, nope, not me"

"You are so cute when you get flustered, you're wonderful Marinette."

Marinette didn't know what to do. Did he really know or was he bluffing? Though why would he be bluffing?