Chapter 1||Red Eyes

Your POV

"Are you going to just sit there or are you going to do what you were born to do?"

The doors open for me and I am sent out. I see the soldiers shooting and fighting off the "heroes". I see a guy with arrows shooting at the bunker, some giant green monster, a guy in blue tights with some sort of shield and a big dude with a flying hammer. Soldiers are dropping every second.

"Little one, you're up."

I take that as my cue and speed off around, knocking the archer's bow out of his hands, pushing him to the ground. I see hammer boy throwing the weapon at me. I dodge it and zoom over to him, the blue mist coming from my fingertips as I lift him up and throw him into a tree.

"We have an enhanced over here. Female." Tights man speaks out loud, I'm guessing into a speaker in his ear.

"On it Capsicle."

I turn in time to see a red and gold metal man approaching, blasting me backwards.

"Sorry kid."

That voice. It's familiar.

"I got her Stark, go get Lascombe."

Stark? Why does that name-an electrical current surges through me. I scream as I fall to the ground. When I look up I am met by a short-haired, red-headed woman. She stares me up and down, tilting her head to the side with furrowed eyebrows.

"You're young."

"And you're a pain in my ass."

I use my powers to throw one of our trucks at her to which she dodges and rolls away. I take that as my opportunity to run. I dodge all the cross-fires until I run into some red forcefield. I fall backwards and look around to see who caused it. I can feel someone nearby but no one is in sight.

"Enhanced in sight."

Tights man throws his shield at me but I dodge it, watching it hit the tree.

"You're a crap shot."

"Wasn't aiming for you, Kid."

"I was."

I snap my head to the side, catching a glimpse of another redhead with red eyes before a ball of red energy thrusts me into a tree. I sigh in annoyance,

"I knew you Avengers were dicks but I didn't think you'd be this annoying."

Red-eyes tilts her head at me, more red emerging from her hands as she approaches. I start to speed off but am stopped midway.

"What the hell?"

I can't move. I'm trapped.

She walks up to me with a devious smirk on her lips.

"Good job Witchy, I'll take her from here."

Stark appears in his suit, blasters pointing at me. I gulp and close my eyes, preparing for myself to be turned into a human shish kabob when I hear the girl yell "stop!"

She stands in front of me, the red force field protecting us from the pending blasts.

"Maximoff what the hell?"

"You will not touch her."

"And why the hell is that?"

She turns her head to look at me and when we lock eyes, the red fades to a soft green. For a second, I get nervous that she's about to disintegrate me or something, but by the look in her eyes, I feel...safe, almost.

"Just trust me, Stark."

"Trust you little witch? I think the fuck-" "Language!" Tights shouts as he approaches. He looks at the girl, then at me, then back at her.

"I trust Wanda. Take her back to the jet Maximoff."

Wanda...that's a pretty name.

She glances at me one more time before nodding at Tights, "Got it Cap."

She grabs me and flies me over to a jet but before we get there I break out of her grip and hover in the air, glaring her down.

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"I don't think you have much of a choice."

I look over her body and smirk in appreciation. She's definitely attractive. And that accent is...well yeah it's a nice accent. But before I can let her do more witchy crap on me I grab hold of her with my own powers. I can feel my eyes changing to a bright blue as I grip her harder. She grunts and cranes her neck to look for her friends but I force her to look at me as I lower us to the ground.

"My job is to do one thing: get rid of the Avengers. Considering you're one of them, I'd guess you're sheer out of luck."

I walk closer to her and grin as I brush her hair behind her ear, cupping her cheek gently in my palm. Damn, her skin's soft.

"It'll be sad to see such a pretty face go to waste."

"I'd say."

I turn to see the girl with the electric wands running towards me. I widen my eyes and go to run but before I can I feel something sharp go into my leg, making me fall to the ground.

"That's for throwing my bow."

The archer walks over and rips the arrow out of my leg while Wanda stands over me, free of my hold with a wide grin.

"Guess I didn't see that coming."

Her eyes widen in shock before I feel a force hitting me, then blackness.