Chapter 30 || You Chose Her

Your POV

We have just been laying in her bed, her head on my chest, arm around my stomach to lock her fingers with my own. I have my free hand playing with her hair, noticing how her body relaxes into me more and more the longer I massage her head while we watch episodes of That 70s Show.

Our chests both vibrate with laughter at some scenes, me feeling just content alone with Wanda. I admitted how I felt, everything worked out...except for one last thing. Natasha. I have to talk to her before Wanda and I do anything else, before everyone finds out before I get a chance to tell her myself. What if she hates me? Or what if she shoots me? She is kind of intimidating but hurting her, I don't know what she'll do. I don't want to ditch Nat, I care about her. But my feelings for Wanda, they just overpower it all.

God the idea of hurting such an incredible woman is making me sick.

"You're tempting me, you know." Her voice is at a low volume, somewhat groggy from being so tired but still she tilts her head upwards to grab a look at me, eyes searching my own.

"You're thinking very loud."

"I'm sorry," I breathe out, trying to dismiss the topic but she doesn't let up...as expected. She's stubborn like that.

She sits up, leaning in to place a chaste kiss upon my lips, fingers raking through my hair before landing like a soft pillow on my cheek. Lifting our still connected hands, she kisses the back of mine before straddling my lap, tilting her head in curiosity at my clouded thoughts.

"I have to tell Nat...about us."

Catching on now, she slowly nods and sucks in a long breath, then breathes it out slowly, dragging out the time before she speaks.

"Right, do you know what you're going to say?"

Scoffing, I raise an eyebrow as I sarcastically say, "how's 'Hey Nat, I just professed my undying love for Wanda and came here to tell you that you've been voted off the island. But see you at training!'"

She sighs and looks at me with the look that tells me to drop the sarcasm and be serious.

"Y/N."

"I know I know. I'll talk to her. I just...the thought of hurting her is just...scary. She has a tough life as it is, I don't want her to think I'm abandoning her."

"But you're not. She knows that. You care about her very deeply. And that is okay. Just because you don't want to be with her romantically doesn't mean you can't still be with her as a friend."

Huh, I don't know why but I was worried that she would make me stay away from Nat. After all, Wanda gets jealous pretty easily, so I wouldn't be surprised. But she is telling me to be there for her. God, I got lucky.

"Now let's talk about how you said you professed your undying love for me."

Yeah, scratch the lucky part.

Standing up, I hold up a hand, slipping out of her room quickly.

"See you later!"

"Y/N Stark!"

I super speed away until I reach Natasha's room and hesitantly knock on the door.

"Come in," I hear her beautiful raspy voice say.

Opening the door, I am met with Nat sitting on a chair in the corner flipping through a book. She takes notice of me and places it down, smiling welcomingly at me.

"Y/N, hey. And what do I owe the pleasure of a real Stark entering my room of sleep?"

Smirking at me, I just roll my eyes with a light chuckle, sitting down across from her.