Chapter 18 || Hold Your Hand

Your POV

She walks over to the stove and I stand still, unsure of what I should do. Do I leave? Do I say something else? What the hell do I do in this situation?

"I..." That's all I got. 

Really, idiot? You can't say anything else? 

Mentally, I slap myself and turn around while Wanda prepares the rest of her meal, breathing heavily but calming herself down the more she focuses on her cooking. I wish I could read what she was thinking. I tried to when she got hurt, maybe I can now.

I try to focus on her, try to will myself into her head. So far she doesn't notice anything so I keep trying. I close my eyes and am instantly met with this collision of visions, her thoughts.

I see our first kiss, I see her and I laugh, I see her holding me while I cried.

I open my eyes and she is now staring at me, confused as to what I was doing.

When she sees my reaction, she picks up on it, dropping the spoon onto the ground.

"Holy crap. Did you just? You read my thoughts didn't you?"

Okay I can lie and say no so I don't get shot, or I can be honest and get shot...option one seems better. But she can tell when I lie.

"Well I um...kind of."

Expecting her to flip out I wince, closing my eyes as I prepare for impact. But all that happens is a shriek of excitement and her jumping into my arms, causing me to stumble as I try to stabilize us.

"I knew you could do it! You can read thoughts! Y/N do have any idea how amazing that is?!"

Opening my eyes I see the most adorable and proud smile on her face. She is happy? That I read her thoughts?

"You-you're not mad?"

"What? No of course not! Well maybe a little because they're private but now at least we're even from last time. Still! You did it!"

She giggles and I start to get excited. "I did it."

Nodding furiously, she smiles as she drops to her feet again, letting me have my moment of joy.

"I did it...I can read minds...get into peoples' heads...I did it! Wands I did it!" I grab her and she gasps in surprise as I spin her around with joyful giggles. She joins me while laughing. I place her down and just stare into her eyes.

"You're amazing."

"Me? I didn't do anything, that was all you. I knew you could do it." She smiles as she looks up at me. I can't help what I do next. I shouldn't do this. I don't want to hurt Nat, even though we aren't official, I still feel bad. But I couldn't stop. I was pulled into her by something. 

I kissed her. 

I felt the electricity course through my every vein as our lips connected. My thoughts that were previously whirring all calm down onto one thing: Wanda.

I can feel her. I can feel inside her head and I know she just feels me in this moment. It's just us.

When we pull away she stares into my eyes as I smile.

"You're amazing."

Shaking her head, she just smiles back, "no, Y/N. You are amazing."

It feels like I am trapped in this moment with her. With Nat it's all heat and obsession with physical touch, which of course I don't mind because she's Natasha and she's fantastic. But with Wanda, something about her just feels deeper, more meaningful. Around her, it feels like not only is my body lighting up, but my mind is lighting, my soul feels alive around her.