Chapter 11 || Control

Your POV

They just keep coming, attacking. There's so many of them and I can't stop them all. Tony's suit is destroyed, his face beat up as he groans on the ground, Thor is knocked out, Steve trying to fight everyone off but clearly is exhausted, everyone is fighting.

I see one of them grab Natasha by the throat and lift her up, then slam her onto the ground. I scream and go to run to her but I'm stopped by a bullet hitting my shoulder. I fall backwards and watch while Natasha starts to go limp.

"PLEASE STOP!"

I'm being held down, Rumlow emerging with a gun pointed at me.

"Come with us and we will."

"Fine! Just take me! But leave them alone, please."

He signals for them to pick me up but a blast of red shoots them away from me, slamming them into the walls. Rumlow and I both look to see Wanda flying towards us, eyes a blazing scarlet as she hisses venomously,

"You're not taking her anywhere."

She lifts him up and I notice him starting to panic, until a shot goes off. Wanda collapses instantly, crying out as she holds her stomach in agony.

"Wanda!" I force myself up and run over to her, my hand covering her open wound while she starts to cough up blood.

Rumlow approaches and grins wickedly at us.

"You see what happens? I thought Strucker taught you better, Y/N. Love is weakness. Because you were so selfish loving this new family, you put their lives at risk. You're dangerous, they were poisoned by you. Everywhere you go, death follows. Your mom, your dad, Pietro."

"Stop it," I hiss but he only laughs, grabbing me by the throat.

"You need us."

I look back at Wanda who's bleeding out on the ground, trying to heal her own wound while wincing in pain.

"Just look at what your presence did to all of them. Tony was better off without you. They all are. You're a monster."

I take a look around and now see the entire team crumpled up on the floor. Dead.

I squeeze my eyes shut and shake my head, "no. N-no they're not dead."

He grins and cocks his head to the side, "No? Well what do you call this then?"

Rumlow pulls his gun out and shoots it. I watch as it goes through Wanda's chest, the screams instantly coming out of my throat. My body shakes and I instantly feel my entire being shut down as the pain consumes me.

"Y/N. Y/N! Wake up!"

I shoot up and scream, blasting whoever was near me against the wall. When I hear them cry out I snap out of my daze, feeling the sweat dripping down from my face. I turn and see Wanda doubled over, groaning and instantly I gasp, my hand covering my mouth as I back up against the wall, realizing what I did.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."

She looks up and notices the state I'm in, her face showing pure concern and fear for me as she steps forward.

"I'm okay, Y/N. See? I'm okay." She tries to smile at me to calm me down but I only shake my head, holding my hands out with my powers emitting from them as a warning.

"No, stay away from me. I don't want to hurt you again. Please."

Her eyes go to my hands and she stops moving, nodding slowly as she takes a breath. I hear movement outside my room but she turns and puts a hand out to stop whoever it is. I can see Nat and Steve looking inside, seeing me freak out and it only makes me more freaked out that there are more people here.

"Y/N, what's going on?" Steve asks but I just shake my head, "just leave! All of you get out! I don't want to hurt you. Please. This is all my fault."

"Hey hey hey! Stop that. Nothing is your fault." Wanda's voice is calm, soothing almost.

"Remember what we talked about earlier? About family? We are in this together. You did nothing wrong and you won't hurt us."

I manage to look at Nat and see her soft look, but I look away and feel myself start to shake. I grab my head and shake it aggressively.

"No. He told me. I'm a monster! Everywhere I go, everyone I have ever loved has died. I can't be here. You're all gonna die, because of me!"

I feel the room start to get windy, blue starts to surge around me, my emotions completely taking over. I'm losing control. But I don't know how to stop. I don't want Hydra to get me but I don't want them to get hurt because of me. Either way I lose. But one way, they win. And I need them to win. They're better off without me, I'm a monster, I cause destruction.

Hands grab mine and gently pull them off my head. As a natural reaction, I jump, snapping my eyes open and grunt, speeding the person to the wall with my hand around their throat.

"Y/N!" I hear people shout as they start to run in. The person in my grip raises their hand to stop them. I can barely see their face. I'm in a daze, all I can feel is panic and hurt and fear and anger.

"Y/N, it's me. You're safe. We are all safe."

She has a soft voice, one that instantly starts to relax me. Soft, gentle hands cup my cheeks and I am instantly filled with warmth and safety. Wanda. I blink and feel my power surge start to die down. I snap back to reality and see what I have done. I look into her eyes, then down to my hand around her neck and rip my hand away, staring at it with wide eyes as I start to shake.

I stumble backwards and feel my legs start to give out. Natasha sprints over, catching me before I hit the ground.

"I got you, you're alright."

Words won't form, the tears hit and I let out a gut-wrenching sob, gripping onto Natasha's shirt as I cry into her arms. The emotions won't stop. I hurt Wanda, twice now. She must think I'm fucking crazy. After leaving Hydra they still have control over me, and now all I can think of is the amount they'll have when they get me back. I'm a ticking time bomb.

"I-I-" "Shhh, it's okay. I'm okay." Wanda's hushed voice comes closer as she brushes the hair out of my eyes and gently lifts my head up to look at her.

All I want to do is apologize but it's like my mouth won't even work right now. I can only shake and cry. Wanda hums gently and I look up at her, reaching for her hand. I almost get scared that I'll hurt her again but she looks so calm and trusting in me, instantly allowing me to take her hand. I shakily bring it up to my head and place her fingers on my forehead, nodding up at her to signal for her to feel inside.

She looks to Natasha and Steve, then smiles gently, "okay."

She closes her eyes as she feels inside my head, and pulls away with tears now in her eyes, shaking her head as she cups my cheek.

"You're not putting us in danger. You are not a monster. You are not hurting us and you won't. I wasn't hurt. We aren't letting anything happen to you. Okay?"

Natasha is rubbing my back and I let Wanda's voice take over my thoughts, allowing her to comfort me until I calm down. She keeps talking until my cries subside and I'm nearly asleep again. Nat slowly lifts me up and places me in bed.

"I'll stay with her," Nat says but Wanda speaks up, "I got it, don't worry. You guys should sleep."

There's a silence until I hear two people leave. When the other side of the bed sinks, I start to wonder who stayed but have no energy to turn around and look. A pair of lips press against my temple before soft, warm arms snake around me, pulling me up to lay on their chest. I notice rings on their fingers and realize that it's Wanda.

"I'm not going to let anyone hurt you."

Her fingers start to play with my hair, other hand tracing patterns on my arm. I want to tell her to leave, tell her I might lose control again, but I can't speak. I just feel my eyes grow heavy until I knock out.