Chapter 15 || Vision

Wanda POV

When Nat and Y/N reappear from the bathroom they don't even acknowledge us here. They just laugh and run hand-in-hand towards Y/N's bedroom. I already know what they must've been doing in the bathroom and it makes my blood boil at the thought.

"Wanda, are you alright?"

I turn to Vision who's been helping me clean up after everyone. They all went to bed about a half hour ago and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep being right across the hall from Y/N hearing her and Natasha doing...well, each other.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, fine. Why do you ask?"

I smile fakely as I throw bottles into the recycling bin, walking around to get each one. Vis speaks from behind me, "because ever since Miss Romanoff and Y/N disappeared you've been acting...odd."

We both snap our heads to the hall where we can hear laughing and moans. I close my eyes, worried I was going to do something stupid and feel Vision place his hand on my shoulder gently.

"You have feelings for her, yes?"

"Wha-huh? Who?"

The corner of his mouth twitches as he hides a smile, nodding his head towards the hall.

"Y/N. I sense that your connection runs deeper than friendship. Correct?"

My breath escapes my lips in defeat, knowing I don't even need to answer him. He knows and I know that my feelings for Y/N run deeper than friendship level. Clearly, that is not the case for her.

"Doesn't matter. She seems to be having a great time with Natasha."

I use my powers to lazily move all the dishes into the dishwasher, starting it up and continuing to use my powers to just lift all the bottles and put them in the recycling bin. Vis comes closer to me.

"Wanda...have you thought about voicing these feelings for her? To her, I mean."

I frown and shake my head, "It wouldn't make a difference, Vis. She doesn't feel the same way."

"Maybe you could find out for sure...looking inside her head."

Stiffening, I turn to him nervously. How could he suggest that? I promised Y/N that I wouldn't look in her head again without her permission. And plus, that would be wrong. It'd be for my own benefit and that's just selfish. I couldn't do that to her.

"I would never do that. That's just...selfish. And it's a short-cut."

He seems to ponder, unaware that actions can hurt peoples' emotions. He's still working on that, feeling human emotions. But he seems to catch on and nod, following me to the couch where I sit, trying to drown out the music and moans from the room a few meters away. Vision clears his throat and stares out the window to the field outside.

"Maybe it would greater benefit you to distract yourself from Y/N. Move on so that you are no longer in pain."

Tilting my head at him with curiosity I wait for him to continue. Where is he getting at?

I can sense his nerves spike as he avoids my gaze for a swift moment.

"I mean, Y/N has someone currently, so don't you think that if you had...someone. That it would help you?"

Oh. He's telling me to find someone. Well who on earth would I find in the first place that isn't Y/N anyways?

"Who could possibly do that for me? No one wants to be with me. The only people that accept me for my powers and unusual abilities live here in this compound."

He is silent for a moment, then smiles gently, taking my hand into his as he whispers, "I can think of someone."

My eyes travel up to meet Vision's. I was always fascinated at how he came to be, how Helen helped Ultron create him but it was Thor who completed the process. That Vision is made of skin tissue and vibranium. It's incredible, and I can feel him, he has thoughts and emotions like any other person. But that shouldn't be what's on my mind at this moment. He just practically admitted that he likes me. As more than just a friend or teammate.

Before I can process what's happening, he has his lips pressed to mine. I feel my eyes flutter as they close at the touch. I can see a yellow glow through my eyelids and when we pull away, I see the mind stone glowing brightly in his head. I go to touch it, but pull back, scared I would overstep.

Instead, Vision takes my hand and places it on his head.

"What do you feel?" His voice is soft and welcoming. But that sentence instantly sends my mind elsewhere.

"What do you feel?" Y/N whispers, catching me glancing down with her fingers to lift my head up so that our gazes meet. My heart is swelling with emotions, I almost get nervous she can hear my own heart racing. I search her eyes, looking for any uncertainty in them before I lift my hand. I let my red wisps come out as I close my eyes, feeling inside her head. All I can see and feel is her. Nothing else is there, just her and her soul. She's content, happy. She feels safe. I just feel her.

I pull my hand away and let my forehead lean against her while my lips pull up, smiling so wide it almost hurts. I can still feel her. I can only feel her.

I pull away, still smiling whilst looking into her beautiful eyes once again as I let out a whisper loud enough for her to hear.

"I just feel you."

"Wanda."

I break out of my thoughts to see Vis wiping a tear from my cheek, "are you alright?"

Not even realizing I started to cry, I jumped off the couch as fast as I could before wiping the continuous tears from my face, attempting to stop them from coming as I blink.

"I-um. I should head to bed. Goodnight Vision."

He frowns slightly in disappointment but before he can say anything else I rush down the hall. I can still hear Y/N and Nat but I force my mind to shut everything out, finally reaching my room where I lock the door behind me and lean against it.

When I close my eyes all I can see is flashes of Y/N and I.

The second we met, to her in the cell, to our kiss, our arguing, but also our laughs. I see just a few hours ago, her pulling me towards her to make out with me. I see her the night of her breakdown, me holding her while she cries into my arms, her being there for me when I got hurt, comforting me. I miss the feeling of her holding me.

But then I see her and Nat, flirting all night. Their training when Nat was on top of her. I see them messing around, I see that kiss they had, their shared looks all night, them when I watched them at the bar. I grunt and push off the door, looking around the room. All I want is to forget about her, clearly kissing me is some sort of game for her to play in order to make Natasha jealous. I'm just a friend to her, someone she feels comforted with.

That night meant nothing. I mean, all we did was kiss. But her and Nat kiss once and they're in bed all night together.

"Crap."

I mutter as I change into sweats and a t-shirt, crawling into bed. Every single time I close my eyes I see Y/N.

"And here I thought I was the one who could get into peoples' heads." I mumble as I sit up and turn the television on, choosing to watch a sit-com to calm my nerves. I decide on The Office until sleep finally takes me over.