Ch-3: Enhancements & Explanation

That evening, down at Oscorp, Kraken was about to undergo the genetic enhancements, to prove to the board of directors that the serum does function and it works on the human body.

Dr. Stromm was strung to persuade Kraken from doing this. "Mr. Silverback, please. The performance enhancers aren't ready! The data just doesn't justify this test. Now, I'm asking you for the last time... We can't do this!"

Kraken picked up one of the green canisters marked CX

Kraken picked up one of the green canisters marked CX.00009, and he inserted it into the gas chamber. "Don't be a coward. Risks are part of laboratory science." He said back so casually.

Dr. Stromm continued to try and persuade. "Let me reschedule. With the proper medical staff and a volunteer. I mean, if you just give me two more weeks..."

Kraken looked back at him as a platform popped out of the chamber. "Two weeks? In two weeks, we'll have lost the contract to Quest Aerospace, and Oscorp will be dead by the time that happens." He took off his jacket and shirt. "Sometimes, you've got to do things yourself. Get me the Prochlorperazine." He asked.

"For what?" The doctor asked, now getting the Prochlorperazine and handing it to Kraken.

"It begins catalyzation when the vapour hits the bloodstream." Kraken picked up the bottle. "40,000 years of evolution, and we've barely even tapped the vastness of human potential." He drank it and threw the empty bottle which shattered upon impact. "Let us begin with the operation."

Kraken got himself in the harness, now being strapped down, and Dr. Stromm began the operation. Kraken was put into the gas chamber, and the CX.00009 enhancement canister was released in vapour form into the chamber as a green gas cloud. For the first few moments, it seems to be going smoothly; muscle density and other parts of the body looked to be getting stronger and better than before, although his heartbeat was reaching 133bpm.

But then, Kraken started to spaz out and looked to be having a seizure, to Dr

But then, Kraken started to spaz out and looked to be having a seizure, to Dr. Stromm's concern. He immediately vented the gas from the chamber, just as Kraken looked to have passed out, and flatlined. The doctor began to do CPR, just as the heart monitor began beeping, indicating a pulse. Suddenly, Kraken's eyes snapped open, and he grabbed Dr. Stromm in a chokehold.