Ch-6: Festival Fiasco

Soon enough, by the next day, the OSCORP Industries Unity Day Festival was underway in Times Square. There were many parade balloons floating around, as well as tents and lots of food here and there.

"Welcome to OSCORP Industries Unity Day Festival. Let's hear it for Macy Gray!" The voice announcer called, as the crowd began to applaud for the star.

Among the crowds, Andrea, Shawn, Leo, and Braedey were walking in the crowds, Shawn with his camera around his neck. The group of friends were taking the time to relax and enjoy the music and the happy times at the moment.

People were having fun by the stage where Macy Gray was performing her song 'My Nutmeg Phantasy'. Shawn now decided to take pictures of the citizens wearing cultural clothing. He moved to the left and he saw two people reading the Daily Bugle newspaper. He focused on the headline which reads 'Big Apple Dreads Spider Bite!'. That article just seemed insulting.

Shawn lowered his camera down. "They will never learn, will they?" He muttered. He looked to the others and shook his head, Braedey and Leo nodding back.

Leo now puts on a pair of sunglasses, which has been set up with a HUD system. He does some scans around the area, then took note of the balcony above. He can see someone there. There was Jasmine, along with some blonde-haired guy. Leo handed Braedey the sunglasses so he could take a look, the brunette now breathing a sigh.

Jasmine was up above with the other members of the board of directors from Oscorp, the blonde boy who happens to be named of Rick. Jasmine has on a rather tight red dress reaching down to just above her knees, revealing her shoulders, while it was showing off her curves in the right places, the front of her dress looking like it's struggling to contain her large chest, the rear of the dress revealing her soft and elegant back, a gold sash around her waist, a pair of gold gloves on her hands, and gold high-heels.

"Hey, why didn't you wear the black dress? I wanted to impress my father. He loves black." Rick asked, but Jasmine just looked away. "Oh, come on, girl. I think you're beautiful." He was gonna lean in for a kiss but she moved her head away, in a sense of awkwardness he changed the subject.

Braedey noticed this, and he gave back the sunglasses to Leo, who also noticed what's happening. He nodded to Braedey, saying that he has a chance with Jasmine. Andrea and Shawn also noticed, then took note of what could be Scorcher and his family in the distance, and they seem to be having a good time.

But then, Braedey expression went from one of smiling to one of being downright serious. He could now sense something amiss, a familiar ringing in Braedey's ears. He can sense danger was nearby, and it was coming.

"Braedey, what's wrong?" Leo asked.

"Danger is coming." Braedey whispered softly, and that got Leo and the others on edge at once, although acting casual.

Braedey's spider-senses soon got louder, making him turn and look over to one of the few buildings. His eyes narrowed as he could see something flying in and out of the clouds, leaving a trail of smoke in its wake. Whatever it was, it was small and very fast. This caught the attention of everyone in the festival.