Ch-14: The Armoured Avenger

"Have you guys heard about this? White Industries has shut down its weapons division and is switching funds."

Andrea looked away from the supercomputer to tell the others about what's going on around the world. They were in The Haven, Shawn tending to the Equus Bass 770 and Lazareth LM847 four-wheel motorcycle, with Leo fixing some stitching on Braedey's Spider-Man outfit, since there's a few tears from the last skirmish against some armed thugs in an alleyway. Braedey, meanwhile, he's hanging upside down on a web, drinking a cup of coffee he got from a Starbucks.

"Really? Ain't that something." Shawn commented. He then looked to Braedey. "By the way, how do you do that?" He asked in curiosity as to how Braedey can drink while upside down.

"Lots of practice." Braedey shrugged back.

"But here's something I'd like to ask." Leo spoke up, looking over to the others. "Why would you think a guy like Jack White, CEO of White Industries, would just shut down the military component of his company?" He asked.

"Well, it's whatever the genius-billionaire-playboy-philanthropist wants to do with all of their spare time." Braedey answered to Leo's question. "But it does get me curious as to what he's up to."

"Maybe he's gonna be continue work on that building he's been building over the last few years?" Andrea spoke up, remembering hearing about the construction of White Tower in the middle of Manhattan, which now sits right behind Grand Central Station.

"Yeah. There's been talk about that building being the icon of clean, renewable energy." Leo noted. "It's got some kind of prototype energy core in the basement of the building, and it's more powerful than any fossil fuel, nuclear, or solar power station in the world."

"Anyone would want to get their hands on that kind of power source." Braedey said, landing on his feet and throwing his empty coffee cup into the garbage bin without even looking.

"True. Best we keep and eye and ear out for that." Andrea agreed with Braedey. "But, I've actually got to ask: it's about that armoured suit you can summon."

"What about it?" Braedey asked.

"Dude, it just appears out of nowhere, and we have no idea where it came from." Shawn spoke up. "I mean, how did you even come across it?"

"I... I'm not sure." Braedey replied back in uncertainty. "Although, I think the spider that bit me might've had some kind of metallic alloy on its legs..."

"So, it's like some kind of defence?" Andrea asked.

"That does sound logical." Leo commented in curiosity about what's going on. "A defence mechanism like an armadillo would have when they curl into a ball to shield themselves."

"I think we should go over towards that tower to see what might be going on, just in case someone tries to attempt something incriminating." Shawn suggested to the others.

"Good thinking." Braedey agreed, now picking up the newly-repaired Spider-Man suit. "Let's suit up and move out!"

At once, the five teens get on their hero outfits, with Crimson Tengu flying out of the tunnel, Spider-Man and Spider-Woman swinging off after him, with Goldeneye and Goddess' Eye driving off after them in the Equus Bass 770 and Lazareth LM847. They exit The Haven, the doors closing and sealing up behind them, as they travel across Manhattan towards the tower site.

~*~*~

The White Tower is 93 stories high, measuring roughly 1130ft in height. The penthouse section of the building houses sufficient space for the many members, a communications room, hooked to various other important organisations, a general electronic library, a forensics laboratory, a war room, a pathology research wing, and hangars for various jets and helicopters.