Ch-8: A Friend In Need

"This is absurd and downright ridiculous!"

Scorcher puts down the newspaper he has in his hand on the table, which was the latest one. The cover reads 'WANTED! Citizens Call for Wall-Crawler's Arrest' The image accompanying it was that of a badly illustrated image of Spider-Man crawling up a wall.

Right now, Scorcher was with Sheeva, the two of them over at Naomi and James' house for the morning, and they were discussing about the recent events and what the whole of New York is even thinking. Emma and Maria have already gone to school earlier,

"There's no way anyone is gonna even get close to catch Spider-Man or Crimson Tengu." Naomi sighed to herself. "They're too fast and elusive."

"Plus, there are others who see those two as the heroes they are, rather than the threats they are made to be as." Sheeva agreed.

"I might've never met them, but a few of the guys in the police force think Spider-Man is impressive." James said next. "Even their kids say both the webslinger and Crimson Tengu are too heroic to be villains."

"I just wish the world could see it like that." Naomi sighed. "By the way, have you heard from Braedey?" She now asked to James.

"No, I haven't. But I've heard he's been getting out and about a lot, and spending time with his friends." James replied back. "Still, during these times, I'm concerned for him."

~*~*~

That morning, Braedey explained to Andrea and Shawn about what had happened to him, and they told him and Leo what was going on in the Daily Bugle. Soon, Braedey, Leo, and Shawn were making their way along the city streets, people heading to work or school and some are heading home. A newspaper truck delivered their new newspaper headlines to a news kiosk but it's not a good message.

"In-spite of everything you've done for them eventually they will hate you

"In-spite of everything you've done for them eventually they will hate you..." Dark Goblin's voice echoed in Braedey's head.

"Hey." Leo gently patted Braedey's shoulder, him turning to her. "It'll be okay. I'm sure of it."

Braedey gave a small nod to his fellow hero. He then saw Andrea leaving one of the buildings nearby. "Hey, Andrea!" He called, running up to her. "What's up? Any word about Jasmine's audition here?" He asked to the blonde.

"Oh, they said she needed acting lessons. A soup opera told her she needs acting lessons..." Andrea chuckled at that.

"I see." Braedey shrugged, looking away for a moment.

"Why so interested?" Leo asked with a smirk.

"I'm not. Why would I be?" Braedey replied back.

"Come on, man. We know you got the hots for Jasmine." Shawn said to Braedey, nudging him with his arm. "You've got to make that leap of faith."

"But, I'm not sure about her knowing about..." Braedey emphasised the spider symbol on his chest with his hand.