Ch-7: Propositions

After the fiasco at the festival and the surprise attack of Dark Goblin, Spider-Man eventually arrived back at The Haven, swinging into the tunnel base. He saw Leo taking his helmet off, the Wing Board in its backpack form on the table, as he explained to Andrea and Shawn how the operation went.

"Braedey." Andrea ran up to Spider-Man and hugged him, the webslinger taking off his mask, Braedey showing a small smile. "You okay? You look like you got knocked about badly."

"I'm fine. I'm not made out of glass, you know." Braedey replied back. "Still, Dark Goblin wasn't no pushover."

"How did it go?" Leo asked, putting the mask on the table.

"Jasmine's fine. A little shaken, but she'll be fine." Braedey replied as Andrea released her embrace. "She didn't even recognise my voice."

"That's a good thing." Leo noted. "By the way, you did great out there." He said to Braedey.

"Me? You did more of that, especially with that death-defying martial arts fighting on your Wing Board." Braedey pointed out. "Plus, those Crimson Bombs you had? That was genius."

"Well, one launched a extending rod to hold up the balcony, another being a tar trap." Leo shrugged.

"He was incredible?" The boys turned to see Andrea on the phone. "Oh, right. Yeah, I saw him in action as well. Sorry, I didn't get there in time to see the whole fight. Okay, you take care and stay out of trouble. See you soon, bye." Andrea turned to the three boys. "It was Jasmine. She sounds starstruck about Spider-Man."

"But I'd like to ask: what was that Dark Goblin?" Shawn now asked an important question.

"I don't know. But whatever that thing is, we have to stop it." Braedey said to Leo, who nodded in agreement.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, in his penthouse in the CBD of New York, Kraken Silverback was was pouring himself an alcoholic drink

Meanwhile, in his penthouse in the CBD of New York, Kraken Silverback was was pouring himself an alcoholic drink. He hasn't been feeling like himself for some time, especially after being told of his resignation from Oscorp. But then, he heard what could be a faint cackle in the distance. He stopped drinking and turned around, only to see no one.

"Is somebody there...?" Kraken asked, getting up from his seat.

"Somebody..." A voice spoke out sinisterly.

"Who said that?" Kraken demanded.

"Don't be innocent with me..." The voice spoke out, Kraken walking across the room to search for the noise. "You've known all along..."

"....where are you?" Kraken said.

"Follow the cold shivers down your spine...." The voice spoke out. Kraken stared at his mask collection with a somewhat anxious look. "I'm right here..."