The Long Night Arc #2

Heroes: Monster, Scarlet Witch

Monster:
Strikers

Wanda: This is a Cult set up if I've ever seen one. And I've seen plenty.

You and Wanda were standing before the Aurora Cult Compound just outside of town. However, Wanda had noted that the magic spell, whatever it was, still reached out here.

After the broadcast last night, you figured it was best to follow up on the connection between the Prophet's words and Sandy's tattoo.

You walked over to it with Wanda in tow before you reached the door. However, before you could even knock on it, it opened.

You and Wanda looked at each other before a voice came from inside. A female voice.

???: Hello. We've been expecting you.

The door opened a bit more and a hand gestured you to enter. You hesitated for a moment before you walked through the door.

You and Wanda looked around, but it was dark.

Y/N: Where...

The door suddenly closed behind you just as a hand snaked around your arm.

???: Come with me. The Prophet wishes to speak to you.

You quickly grabbed Wanda's hand as the woman lead you through the dark.

Y/N: W-Who are you?

???: Me? You can call me Sister. Once the Long Night arrives, names won't matter.

Wanda gently squeezed your hand before you found yourself walking down some stairs.

Wanda: What is the Long Night?

Sister: You'll be better off asking the Prophet. He knows all there is to know about the Long Night.

You suddenly reached the bottom where there was some more light. Not much, but enough to see.

All around, black cloaked figures stood around and chatted among themselves. Words you couldn't make out. Whispered you could hardly hear.

Wanda: Why live in the dark?

Sister: Simple, Wanda Maximoff. Because we become our better selves in the dark.

Did she just call Wanda by name?

Sister: We hear better. We taste better.

She stopped and walked over to Wanda. She slowly placed a hand on her cheek and leaned forward.

Sister: Feel, better.

Wanda grabbed her wrist and pushed it away.

Wanda: Touch me again, and I'll break your hand.

Sister: Oh. You're a spicy one.

Sister laughed to herself before she continued forward. You looked at Wanda who was clearly unnerved by the whole situation. You were too, honestly.

You finally reached a a door where Sister stopped.

Sister: Prophet is inside.

She then left you both. You sighed and reached for the door knob. Once you were both inside, you looked around. Inside was a set up for recording. A few radios and a microphone.

Sitting in the center of it all, was a man wearing a black robe.

Prophet: So, the heroes finally arrived. I must say, it's an honor to finally meet the famous Monster.