A Sweet Dream

Monster:
Strikers

Victor sat with his back against the fallen tree. What was the year again? He couldn't quite remember. He didn't even know if he wanted to. He had been alive for along time. That's all he really needed to know.

Maybe it hasn't been that long. Maybe it has. Maybe it hasn't. Maybe it has.

He watched the people celebrate the end of some war. One that he had fought in himself. He recalled it was the Civil War here in America. Fighting for some countries freedom or another. He didn't really remember.

Maybe he joined just because it was something to do.

He lifted the bottle of whiskey to his lips and took a drink.

The world wasn't a forgiving place. Peace won't ever last for very long. Not long enough to do anything, anyway. These people will grow old. They will die. Their children will do the same.

He'll see so many generations pass on. He won't even age a year.

He had seen the brutality of man in person. He had seen how horrible they could really be. How bloodthirsty they truly were.

Elise: They're not that bad.

Victor looked up at the voice, but no one was there. Was he already drunk?

He almost laughed. They're not that bad, eh? Sure. They weren't that evil.

They'll never change.

Once again, music filled your ears as you walked down the stairs that lead to the hideout of the man you had just finished a job for. Some kind of grudge rock played loudly as you walked through the nearly dark hall.

You knew these kind of places well.

These lairs were always the same.

Drugs.

Weapons.

Whores.

At the end of it all, was the big boss himself. You entered the main office and stood before the large wooden desk. Sitting on the otherside, was the bossman himself. On both sides stood his bodyguards who looked ready to open fire at the first sign of danger. On the leader's lap was a girl who looked only a bit older than yourself.

He knew that people never truly changed.

Grim Reaper: Imposters! Imposters!

Viv: M0ther? M0ther?

Awoken by the noise, Vin phased through the floor and found the source of the commotion. You were still asleep, unable to awaken or even realize what was going on.

Virginia: Vivian!

The Grim Reaper suddenly slashed down at Vin, slicing his arm.

Grim Reaper: Frauds! Artificial jokes!

He then pulled out a blaster and fired it at Virginia which knocked her down. He turned to Vin.