Interlude

But in Riverdale, the night was far from over : in fact, it was just the beginning.

Indeed, while Kevin Keller and his new partner were spending the night out at Sweetwater River, they ended up face to face with a ghost... or more specifically the inert corpse of Jason Blossom, almost unrecognisable, probably due to his decomposition in the deep waters of the lake. The only thing that was truly visible, was the reddened glow of the bullet which had gone through his skull...

By morning, everybody would have talked and posted about it. We would all feel that the world around us had changed. For ever, maybe. Riverdale won't be the same anymore. She was now eaten by the darkness and the secrets.

A lot of us, maybe the entire town, had hoped, despite everything, that Jason Blossom wouldn't have drowned on the 4th of July. He would be seen in high school on Monday, or in a booth at Pop's with Cheryl. But this was before the dark undeniable reality : the irrevocable discovery of his body filled with water. A cadaver with a bullet in the middle of the skull, and some terrible secrets, that the autopsy of the forensic scientist would reveal... Like the incriminating beat of a guilty heart.