Interlude

When Archie Andrews finally decided to reveal everything to Mr. Weatherbee, he was preceded by Sheriff Keller, who was getting out of the principal's office. They entered the biology room. But the policeman wasn't there for Archie... he came for Cheryl Blossom. This one stood up, shaking, in front of the astounded gaze of her classmates. She extended her wrists, ready to welcome the handcuffs : "Let's get this over with, gentlemen... They'll find out soon enough that I'm guilty."

As shocking as those words were, there were nothing compared to the secrets that Jason's body had given up during his autopsy. Jason didn't die on July 4th as we believed, but over a week later...

Guilt, innocence. Good, evil. Life, death. As the shadows around Riverdale deepened, the lines that separated these oxymoron were blurred and distorted. "I'm guilty", Cheryl said in biology class. But guilty of what ? Of murder, no. But of falsehood, yes.

Jason wanted to leave Riverdale and never come back. He asked for Cheryl's help to stage a tragic accident. The story would be that an early-morning boat ride had turned into a terrible drowning. In reality, the Blossom twins made it to the other side dry as bones. They sade goodbye on the other side of Sweetwater River. Jason promised to call his sister in the following month, but this day, she never received any sign of life from her brother. Nothing. He remained radio silent.