Playgroud antics

Storybrooke

Hallie Pov:
It was just another day in storybrook and I was assigned playground duty today though luckily I had Mary Margaret as well so that made it more Interesting.
We were currently discussing my idea for this years play and Mary Margery's was adding in her own thoughts.

"You could have the Children bake cakes and cookies that you could sell on the evening."

"Good idea, I was also wondering about costumes do you think the the high school would help out again or do you think-"

I turned to face Mary Margaret only to come to the conclusion Mary had stopped listening a while back and instead was observing a young boy siting by himself.

I recognised him right away.

Henry Mills, the mayors son.

Poor boy, didn't have many friends, if any.

Mary had a somber look on her face.

"He's so smart and so lovely it's just such a shame-" Mary Margaret suddenly stopped talking.

I was going to ask her what's wrong though Mary quickly walked over to the Brooding child.

Unfortunately I didn't hear what they were talking about nevertheless I did take notice when Mary reached inside her bag and pulled out a book and handed it to Henry.

I knew what she was giving Henry.

Snow told me this morning she found an old book buried in the closet.

The book about fairytale's.

I wasn't able to observe the two any long due to a commotion.

"Hey give it back!"

Looks like that's my que.

I strolled over to the two children.

The girl who had been yelling I recognised as Paige.

"Alright let's break it up"

The two students part.

I cross my arms in a relaxed slouch.

"Want to tell me what's happening."

Paige looked very upset.

"Jason stole my hat and won't give it back."

She point to Jason's hand and just as she said her hat was in his palm.

Jason as a very temperamental child and often was responsible for starting fights and causing problems.

He spent more time on detention than any other child and always seems to be in a bad mood.

From what I've been told his parents have taken him to see Archie hopper, I try not to pry but a place like this, news travels fast.

"Jason please give Paige back her hat and then I would like you to go see the principal, this is your 10th incident this month."

In fact.

"Mary!"

Mary Margaret comes over.

"Could you please escort Jason to the principal please."

Mary looked disappointed but nodded.

She always hates when students get taken to the principle.

"Come along Jason."

One thing I'll give Mary Margaret props for, no matter how naughty or disrespectful a child can get she's always calm and project's a welcoming vibe.

I wish I had her patience.

Both Paige and I watch as Mary leads the temperamental boy toward the stone building.

"Thanks Miss Brown."

Paige runs back towards her friends.

Paige is a nice girl, hard working and very bright, she lives with her foster parents Mr and Mrs Roberts.

For what I've been told, her birth father had gone away on business and just never came back, so the Roberts being the kind and generous folk they are decided to apply to become Paige's foster parents.

To be honest I can't understand why anyone would abandon their child like that, especially a sweet girl like Paige.

I have nieces and nephews and I know my sisters would never abandon their children.

Speaking of my family I should really get in touch sometime, it's been years since I've seen any of my sisters or father, but you know we all have our own responsibilities and I guess we just drifted apart.

At least I think, Honestly I can't remember how I lost contact with them, but it feels like a lifetime.

I push the thoughts of my family away for another time and just go back to observing the children.

Mary Margaret rejoins me after a while.

"I have my rounds at the hospital after school but I was wondering if this evening you would like to Have dinner at granny's and then head on down to the Rabbit hole."

"On a school night? Tut tut Miss Blanchard when did you become such a rebel, usually your the one lecturing me about going out from drinks on a school night." I playfully raise an eyebrow.

Mary Margaret simply smiles.

"Yes well, with all the hard work we've been putting in lately, we both deserved a night out, of course not to late of a night." Mary adds on as an agree thought.
"Naturally." I playfully shove her.
We link arms and begin the task of rounding the children up and getting them inside for afternoon classes.