True love

I quietly and stealthily swim under the paddle boat, being careful not to touch the ores.

Rumplestiltskin made it clear, I was to stay out of sight and only show myself once he gave me permission.

Not that it was challenging, the eerie fog blanketed the water and anything lurking below.

I don't know how he knew she was coming, but he only instructed me to circle the boat, so that's what I did.

The boat reaches a pier and comes to a halt, there's the sound of  footsteps staggering out the rocking boat.

Oh how easy it would be for me to give it a little nudged and little miss princess would be thrown into the water.

It was tempting.

Then there is a thud of someone siting down in the boat.

"How much for this?" Rumpelstiltskin calls to the princess.

Feet on the pier swivel around.

"Excuse me?"

"Your boat. Exquisite craftsmanship."

"It's not for sale."

Wrong answer, with Rumpelstiltskin everything is for sale.

"Of course it is, dearie. No one comes to see me without a deal in mind."

Finally it click int the young princess mind.

About time.

"So you're Rumpelstiltskin?"

"Indeed, I am. I've been looking forward to meeting you. Wow. You really are the fairest of them all, aren't you? What can I do for you?"

"I need a cure."

"What ails you, child?"

"A broken heart."

"Ah. The most painful of afflictions. Well, I'm afraid if you want me to make him love you, no can do. And nothing can."

"Oh, no. That's not the problem. We can't be together."

"Well that, I can help you with, Arista!"

That's my cue.

I Bob my head out the water startling the princess who stumbles back in shock.

"Your a mermaid?" Princess Snow stutters out.

I roll my eyes.

"Oh how clever you are, but then again you did persuade my impressionable sister to make a deal with a supposed sea goddess, instead of leaving well enough alone." 

This was the woman who gave my sister the idea to seek out the sea goddess, this was the woman of aided in my servitude.

Recognition lights her eyes.

"Your one of ariels sisters."

Rumple cuts in the conversation.

"Now now dearies you can trade story's later."

Rumple pulls out an empty vial and throws it to me.

I dip it in the water than pass it back to him.

When he takes it, the water in the vial turns a cloudy white.

"That'll do it?" Snow asks.

"Not yet. No two loves are exactly alike. We must make this personal."

Rumpelstiltskin pulls out a strand of Snow White's hair and adds it to the solution.

He looks to me.