Mine Shaft

The day had started just like any other day.

I had just finished left the pawn shop for the day when the shaking started.

Car alarms are going off and people were looking around In confusion.

What the hell was that?

I truly don't have a clue, but it sounded like it was coming from underground perhaps the mines.

Curiosity spiked I get in my car and drive to the entrance of the mines, perhaps i could see what was happening.

Turns out I wasn't alone in my queries.

At Entrance to the Mines, a crowd of curious residents had gathered around what appears to be a mine collapse.

I was prompt to join the crowd.

I ended up next to Dr hopper and Henry.

"Evening Henry."

The little boy smiled at me.

"Hi Miss brown."

"Hey Archie, we still good for this evening?"

After experiencing several more of those weird dreams and subsequently panic attacks I had decided to book an appointment with Archie.

"Yes we are."

We didn't have to wait long.

The Mayor exited her car and approached the crowd with a police cruiser arriving behind her.

"Everyone step back please."

"Is that a crater?" Ruby was a few steps behind her.

"No, There were tunnels, uh, old mines, something collapsed." Marco added on.

The mayor addressed everyone.

"Be careful, step back. People of Storybrooke, don't be alarmed. We've always known this area was honeycombed with old mining tunnels, but fear not. I'm going to undertake a project to make this area safe, to rehabilitate it to city use. We will bulldoze it, collapse it, pave it."

That makes sense, if I remember correctly this used to be an old mining town, I suppose time and neglect has finally taken its tole.

"Pave it? What if there's something down there?" Henry asks.

What does he mean?

Clearly Regina was not expecting henry to be here.

"Henry it's just an old mine, their would be noting interesting down there, most likely just old bits of mining equipment." I whisper to him to not draw attention.

"Then why would the evil Queen be so desperate to pave it?" Henry challenges.

Evil Queen?

"Henry I know your mother isn't the most pleasantest of people in the world but she's not evil." I try to placate the 10 year old.

Though I suppose he wasn't to far off the mark, Regina Mills was not someone you wanted to get on the bad side of.

"But she is the evil Queen."

"Henry." Archie warns.

Henry pays little attention to the physiatrist.

"This may be hard to hear, but I need you to be open minded for me, can you do that."

His expression is so serious and honestly it's adorable.

Fighting back a laugh I humour him.

"Okay."