three

-//-

(Three Little Birds//Bob Marley)

"This is our dorm, but I didn't see your name on the door," Marlene said as they reached the landing, looking down a long hallway with doors on each side.

Andrea looked to the door Marlene had stopped in front of and saw the five names printed on the plaque on the door.

"Oh, McGonagall said your dorm was full, so she put me in one by myself," she explained as Lily opened the door for them.

Inside were three other girls that turned at their entrance. There was another redhead, who she had seen throw mashed potatoes at someone at the feast. There was Lucretia, who she had met on the train. And then Mary, who was laughing at the redhead who was trying to pull bits of broccoli out of her ear.

"We have our newest victim," Marlene announced, making the four other girls chuckle and Andrea looked around in confusion. "Mar, don't scare the poor girl. Hi, nice to see you again," Lucretia greeted Andrea.

"I'm Mary Macdonald," the redheaded girl waved from her perch on her bed, her accent not showing the typical English state as Lily's did. Maybe closer to James', Andrea thought. Mary hit the redhead over the head with a book.

"You're hilarious, you know that? This misfit is Corinna," she pointed to the other girl. "She already met me, Weasley," Mary laughed, poking the other girl's face.

"And if you don't remember, I'm still Mary Macdonald," she grinned, brushing her large curls out of her face. Definitely Scottish, Andrea thought to herself. Compared to Lucretia's Irish and others' English, it made it easier to tell. But her and Marlen's were harder to separate. "And I'm Marlene," Marlene interjected from her spot by the doorway.

"We already did you?" Andrea questioned, looking at the girl in amusement. "I know. I just wanted to make sure it stuck." Andrea laughed and turned back to the room.

"Well, I'm Andrea, but you can also call me Andie. Nice to meet you all," she greeted. Scattered 'hey's' and waves went through the room as they all sat down the things they had been working on and gave her their full attention.

There were many different accents in the room. And Andrea learned why. Corinna Weasley had grown up in the West Country, making her English very distinct from Lily's. Lily had a very typical English accent, due to her growing up in the English Midlands in Cokeworth so her accent wasn't as thick as some of the others.

Marlene, along with Mary, was Scottish, coming from the city of Edinburgh, but her accent was also very different from Mary's. Mary apparently didn't live that far from Hogwarts. Lucretia was Irish, born and raised in Galway. And to top it off, Andrea's American accent tied it all off nicely.

"D'you think they're gonna move a spare bed in here for you?" Corinna questioned her. Andrea looked around the already crowded room and was glad McGonagall hadn't tried to squeeze her in there as well.

"No, the Professor said this room was full, but they've got a dorm for me. Probably up here somewhere." "Wanna go check it out? Unpack and settle in and what not?" Lily asked kindly.

"Sure. I'll see you guys -" "Oh honey, we're coming with you, of course," Mary cooed, getting up off her bed and walking out the door. Corinna followed her out and the girls started checking the names on all the doors along the landing.

"OOH! Here! Andrea Sofia Mia Russo. I like your middle names," Marlene complemented, opening the door to the empty dorm room. The lights were on, and it had a nice, warm glow to it, like the other dorm and the common room had. Her trunk was placed at the foot of one of the four four-poster beds in the room.