twenty-four

-//-

(Saturday Sun//Vance Joy)

"This is it," Frank huffed, facing his team. Andrea bounced her leg up and down excitedly, anxious to start the game.

"We're gonna wipe the pitch with those bozos," James cheered. Frank gave him a stern look. "Easy. Our spies have informed us that Ravenclaw has been pushing it hard." He nodded to Andrea and Marlene, and they shared a grin.

"Their Keeper isn't all that because their old left last year, but their Chasers and their Beaters are pretty quick and strong," Marlene explained. "Luckily," Sirius interrupted, "no one has anything on our Seeker," he smirked, winking to Andrea. 

She rolled her eyes. "Please, Sirius. I don't need my head to be as big as James'." "OY!" "Enough!" Frank called in a proper Dad voice only he could master. "Focus up. Come on, huddle."

"Who's turn is it for the chant?" Malik asked the group as he slung his arms over Andrea and Benjy. "Sirius," Marlene grumbled. 

Sirius grinned at his teammates. "Fuck shit up but don't die." Everyone looked around each other confused. James sniffled loudly, wiping away fake tears. "I'm so proud."

Frank rolled his eyes loudly, and yes, you could definitely hear it, and he turned to Andrea for help. "Russo, take over." Andrea put on her game face and started bouncing from one leg to the other, soon everyone joining in.

"Huh, huh, huh, huh," she started to chant. Everyone chanted together, the energy and excitement erupting in their huddle. "CAN'T TAME-"

"THESE LIONS INSIDE!"

"CAN'T TAME-"

"THESE LIONS INSIDE!"

Andrea smiled through her chanting, loving the energy and the atmosphere. "Now, roar lions!"

"ROAR" Whooping and cheering, everyone grabbed their brooms, tapping them to the door frame and marching onto the field.

"A-and, here come the lions!" Frankie Weasley's voice boomed through the speakers surrounding the field. "Front and centre we've got the new Captain of the year, Frank Longbottom. Frank has been a successful Chaser since he started in his second year. Behind there, we've got Keeper Malik Jordan, looking good as ever." Everyone screamed along as Malik sent a wink to the stands, waving to his fans.

"Then we've got our other Chasers, Frank Longbottom, James Potter and for the first time ever, Marlene McKinnon!" Screams popped everyone's eardrums before he could even finish the new Chaser's name.

Following his tradition from last year, James searched the Gryffindor stands for a certain redhead. As they made eye contact, he sent a kiss, earning squeals and giggles from the surrounding girls who thought it was meant for them.

"Beater's Sirius Black and Benjy Fenwick. And last but certainly not least, our star Seeker, Andrea RUSSO!" The cheers reached new highs as the Gryffindor and half of the Hufflepuffs stands, even some Slytherins cheering and whooped loudly. Andrea blushed and set herself in game mode.

The Ravenclaws marched out and Frankie announced them with slightly less enthusiasm, getting scolded by McGonagall for doing so. Andrea looked up to the visiting stands and waved to Fleamont and Euphemia, earning excited waves back. 

Her parents had to work so they couldn't make it, but she was happy the Potters were there to see her and the boy's play. 

Since James had joined the team, they hadn't missed a single match.

Andrea and James stood beside each other in the semi-circle, doing their ritual handshake before the game. "Catch it fast," James grinned at her. Andrea rolled her eyes. "Just try and get the ball through the hoops, little man. Let me worry about the rest."