fourteen

-//-

(Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)//Darlene Love)

1st of December, Saturday, 1973

Andrea sat on the rug of her dorm, Remus and Peter with her as they finished up their Potions homework. Or Remus finished his homework and explained it to his two friends who sucked in the subject. 

The door to the dorm burst open, but there was no one there. Suddenly, James pulled his Invisibility Cloak away and there a happy James and Sirius stood; three books cradled in Sirius' arms. "Did you get it?" Andrea asked excitedly.

"Yes. And we found some other ones as well, figured we could take a look." So, they spread out the books. Andrea finished her Potions homework and joined James and Sirius in doing Animagus research. Peter finished his Potions as well and went on to finish his Astronomy star-mapping, doing Andrea and James' as well. 

As Remus completed his Defence Against the Dark Arts essay, he went on to study the book on maps they had borrowed from the library last week to try and see if it was possible to add everyone in the school to theirs. It had become a recurring thing that James always spent the night in Andrea's dorm Saturday nights, seeing as they had no lessons on Sundays. 

But that night, as they all studied into the latest hours of the evening, all the boys ended up taking up odd spots in the room to study and then accidentally fall asleep.

And the next morning was not a pleasant one. Because Sirius, James and Andrea had all forgotten that they had Quidditch practice on Sunday mornings.

"Andrea?! You alive in there?!" At the call from the door, Andrea let out a grunt in response. Not waiting for an answer, Head Girl Alice, opened the door and came inside. The sight made her giggle. 

Andrea lay in sweatpants and a hoodie on top of her covers, face buried into two pillows. James was on the same bed, his top half hanging off the mattress and his head resting against the floor, snoring loudly. 

Sirius was curled up like a puppy on the rug in the middle of the floor, hugging a pillow to his chest. Peter was the only one in a normal sleeping position, but his head and pillow were resting on the chair that was sat by the foot of bed he had chosen instead of on the mattress. Remus had taken up the armchair, one leg over one arm rest, the other stretched out forwards, and his head hung over the other armrest, looking like it was going to cause a kink. Alice grabbed the camera that was on the table next to Remus' chair and quickly snapped a picture of the amusing sight of James sleeping on the floor uncomfortably.

"Wakey, wakey, little lion cubs!" Alice sing-songed loudly, giggling to herself. Everyone stirred awake, looking very confused and disoriented as they awoke. When James lifted his head off the floor, a piece of parchment was stuck to his cheek. When Andrea lifted her head, it showed she had an ink line going down the length of her nose. 

Quills, ink bottles, homework, research and books were all over the place. Remus rubbed his eyes and let out a loud yawn. "Alice?" he questioned, finally straightening from his position, only to cringe in pain and rub his sore neck.

"The one and only. Johnny's looking for his Chaser, Beater and Seeker. Should I tell him you're not in today and he can make an appointment at a later date?" she chuckled to herself. 

James got off Andrea's bed and walked over to the still sleeping Sirius. He pulled his leg back and kicked him in the back side, making Sirius jump up and look around frantically. "What? Who? When?"

"All good questions," Andrea yawned, stretching her back like a cat. She looked to the watch on her wrist and saw it was later than she usually got up on Sundays.