seventeen

-//-

(Lions Inside//Valley Of Wolves)

23rd of February, Saturday, 1974

"That rain is gonna be killer today," Andrea grumbled quietly as the five Marauders sat down for breakfast. 

As soon as they sat down, Mary, Lucretia and Marlene came over to join them. Mary had promised Andrea she would help braid her hair before today's Quidditch match since she wouldn't be there to support them in the stands. And Marlene had been spying on Ravenclaw practices all week with Lucretia, so she was there to share insider information.

"OK, so we've got the Chaser who's the biggest threat, which is Kingsley. He scores like 9 out of 10 times. And Dorcas Meadowes has a mean swing on that Beater bat, so Sirius you need to bring your A-game." 

Sirius narrowed his eyes at Marlene. "I always bring my A-game, McKinnon. And how do you know so much about Quidditch?" he asked sceptically. Marlene rolled her eyes. "Just because I'm a girl I can't like Quidditch?" she asked with raised eyebrows. 

Sirius gave her a blank look. "No. Because you didn't try out for the team. Plus, whenever Andrea and James go ranting about Quidditch you've never joined in," he said. Marlene smiled. "Because no soul on earth is as Quidditch crazy as those two," she said, sending James a look.

"Oy!" They both protested, only for Mary to pull Andrea back by her hair so she could finish the second braid. 

"And because I'm better at being low-key and letting people discover things about me, rather than bragging about it like you two boys," she sassed back. 

"Oooh," echoed through the girls, Peter, and James. Sirius turned to James on his right. "She's insulting you too, you know," he chuckled. James turned to Sirius and smiled. "Yes. But she did it so confidently, I don't even care." 

Their conversation was cut short when no other than Ravenclaw Beater, Dorcas, joined their group. "You can send your little spies as much as you like Potter. You're still not beating us today," Dorcas smirked, flipping her braided ponytail over her shoulder. 

"If you knew she was spying, why didn't you make her leave your practices?" James argued back. Turning her eyes to Marlene, Dorcas' scowl went from serious to playful and her smirk deepened.

"Because I like it when she studies me. Even if it's for Quidditch, I'll take what I can get." Dorcas sent Marlene a wink, making the blonde's cheeks grow pink. Andrea turned to Dorcas, finally being released by Mary's tight grip on her hair.

"Pretty cocky there Meadowes. Care to put your money where your mouth is?" she challenged, raising her eyebrows at her. 

Dorcas turned to Sirius. "What does that even mean?" she asked, thoroughly confused. Sirius studied Andrea too. "I don't know... New York, translate please?" Andrea rolled her eyes.

"Let's make a bet since she's being a cocky shit," Andrea explained, smiling sweetly at her friend. "Five Sickles I knock you off your broom within ten minutes," Dorcas smirked. "Ten Sickles I punch you in the mouth. Accidentally, of course," Andrea smiled.

"Put the guns away, ladies. Save it for the pitch," Kingsley chuckled, coming up behind Dorcas and grabbing onto her shoulders. They both grinned at each other. "Good luck. You're gonna need it," Andrea said, smirking at the two Ravenclaws. 

Dorcas smiled back. "Nah. Although, if I fall, I request CPR from McKinnon," she said, sending one last wink to Marlene before sauntering back to her table. Andrea turned to Marlene to see her cheeks tinted red.