nineteen

-//-

(Good Grief//Bastille)

5th of September, Thursday, 1974

It was the first week of classes and Sirius was already becoming Andrea's favourite distraction this school year.

"GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!" Sirius cried out loudly, dropping his head to Andrea's shoulder dramatically as she tried to laugh quietly. Their Muggle Studies Professor was not nearly as impressed with his performance as Andrea.

"Mister Black, I don't think a paper cut requires a visit to the Hospital Wing," Professor Hastings sighed, rubbing his brow. Sirius ignored him, moaning loudly beside Andrea. "Tell James' parents I love them!" he cried into her ear so Andrea had to shove him off as she giggled uncontrollably.

"Could you bleed out a little quieter, please? Some of us are trying to take notes," James sassed, causing a full-on row between the two. 

As they went on as if the rest of the class weren't even there, Remus had had enough. "Silencio," he mumbled. Suddenly James' side of the argument stopped completely, as he moved his lips, but no words came out.

"I don't make enough to have to deal with this," the Professor sighed quietly. "Right, you can leave early today, just finish that homework before the next lesson!" He said the second bit to the rest of the class, and everyone packed up their stuff, still laughing as James and Sirius bickered as an old married couple. 

Thankfully Andrea had reversed the Silencio on James so he could argue back again.

-//-

"Stop pouting," Andrea huffed, hurrying after James as he rushed off to lunch. "You can't tell me what to do," James threw back, walking at a quick pace. Andrea had to jog to keep up with his long strides. James had definitely grown a bit over the last year and during the summer. He had already reached 5'8 while Andrea was still barely 5'5.

"Wait up, I've got little legs," Andrea called out, getting winded. James stopped up and turned to Andrea. "Rule number one; never get detention without the other," he grumbled, stomping his foot. "Rule number two; never do anything illegal and fun without me!" Andrea took a deep breath as she finally reached him. 

She grabbed onto his arm and keeled over to catch her breath. "You - know - I hate - running," she managed to get out between deep breaths. As she caught her breath she stood again and gave him a gentle smile.

"I gave Dorcas roller skates for her birthday last year and we never got a chance to use them. I just wanted to do something memorable with her," she assured him. 

"But I promise, I will from this day on, never get detention without you by my side again." Andrea placed her hand over her heart and swore to him. James grinned and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, guiding her along with him to the Great Hall.

"Thank you. I love you and appreciate you," he said, kissing the top of her head. "I love you and I appreciate you," Andrea smiled, squeezing his middle. 

"I KNEW IT!" They both stopped and turned to Frank Longbottom rushing towards them. "Knew what?" James chuckled to the seventh year as he reached them. As he reached them Andrea saw the shiny pin on his robes with the Gryffindor shield and a capital C

Guess they know who's the new Quidditch Captain.

"Knew you two would end up together," he stated obviously. Andrea and James both spurted out loud laughs. "You're off your rocker, Longbottom!" James laughed, releasing Andrea and grabbing onto his knees for support. Frank rolled his eyes. "Give it a few years," he huffed, dusting off his robes.