twenty

-//-

(Everybody Talks//Neon Trees)

20th of September, Friday, 1974

"But why am I not invited?" Sirius whined for the hundredth time. Andrea rolled her eyes and looped her arms through Mary and Dorcas'.

"For the last time, Sirius. It's a girls' night sleepover. And you are not a girl," she stated. Sirius gasped loudly. "How rude! I would never tell you you're not a boy!" Andrea faked a pout.

"Fair enough. But you're still not invited!" She dragged the other two girls up the stairs with her.

They had planned from the day on the train that they needed a proper girl's night, and Andrea's dorm had been nominated to host because she had the most space. As the three girls got the dorm set up, the others slowly trickled in. Marlene, Corinna and Lucretia all arrived and settled on the floor. Pillows, blankets and snacks were spread out all over the rug in the middle of the floor.

"Where's Lily?" Corinna questioned when they had all been there for about fifteen without her arriving. Just as she said it, a frazzled, annoyed-looking Lily swung the door open and slammed it shut. "Well, hello 'Miss-on-time-is-five-minutes-too-late'," Lucretia joked.

"James Potter is the most insufferable living being on this earth!" she huffed, kicking off her shoes furiously and putting on some fuzzy socks. She looked up in alarm as if just realizing what she said. "No offence," she said urgently to Andrea. Andrea only smiled.

"What did he do now?" she giggled. Lily rolled her eyes excessively. "He offered me raisins-"

"THAT BASTARD!" Dorcas cried out loudly. "Ha. Ha. He offered me raisins and asked if I liked them. Since he was behaving like a normal human being, I answered and said they were alright. He nodded and said, 'so you like raisins, how do you feel about a date?'"

Andrea grinned. James had tested that one on her and Sirius and had only gotten bad reactions. Remus had told him it was a bad one and Peter had physically gagged. "I told him that one was weak," Andrea laughed. Lily shot her a glare.

"Sorry. I should've reined him in before he reached you." With a long groan, Lily slumped onto the floor between Andrea and Marlene. "I don't get it. I thought for sure all his flirting and attention was going to be directed at you when you arrived last year. Why is he still pursuing me?"

Andrea laughed. "Because we encourage him. The guys are convinced you like him back, well, except Peter. And I want him to succeed in life, so I just hope he wears you down." Lily shook her head. "Never gonna happen."

"Speaking of the Marauders..." Lucretia started slowly, nudging Corinna. Andrea's gaze moved to the other redhead. "What about us?" she chuckled. Lucretia, Lily and Mary all stared at Corinna, waiting for her to speak up.

She groaned dramatically and covered her face with her hands. "Due know iff-eters intwsterd in anone?" Her muffled words came out. Andrea quirked an eyebrow. "Sorry, honey. I only speak English," she laughed. Corrina dropped her hands and kept her eyes on her lap. "Do you know if Peter's interested in anyone?" she asked quietly. Andrea's eyes went wide.

She had seen them talk a lot more during classes together, but she didn't know Corinna was actually interested in her friend. "Uhm... not that I know of?" Corinna perked up at that and looked at Andrea hopefully.

"Do you guys usually talk about guys or girls with each other?" Andrea thought about it for a second. "Sirius talked about Dorcas last year until he realized he had the wrong equipment.