twenty-six

-//-

(Piano Man//Billy Joel)

1st of January, Wednesday, 1975

"Make a resolution," Andrea said happily, jumping onto Sirius' back.

"I'm gonna kiss Lily this year," James said confidently. "I'll prank every teacher in the school this year," Remus said, sipping his Butterbeer. "I'm gonna be more organized," Peter said, scratching his head.

"Good idea," Andrea said, ruffling his hair. "You need it." Sirius adjusted Andrea on his back and turned so they both could look out over the fireworks properly. 

"I won't change a bit, because I'm perfect and everyone is grateful for my existence on earth." As he finished, no one spoke. 

Then Remus leapt on top of Andrea, making Sirius sway and then James jumped onto him again, making Sirius fall forwards, all of them falling to the ground, Peter jumping on top of them as they hit the ground, completing the dog pile in the snow.

"Hey! Is this how you treat the grownups in your life?!" Sirius cried out from beneath Andrea. "Four months, Black," James grumbled, getting to his feet again. "You're four months older than three of us." Sirius grabbed Andrea and Remus' hands and let them pull him up. 

He wrapped an arm around James' shoulders and smiled sweetly at him. "Yes, my boy. And don't you forget it."

With that, they all headed back inside, joining Andrea and James' parents in the den. They sat down on the comfortable cushions and turned to Marco by the piano, listening and singing along as he played Billy Joel's, Piano Man.

"SING US A SONG, YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN!" the kids sang along loudly as the song came to an end. Marco played the last keys, and everyone applauded. 

As Sirius stood beside Mia by the smaller Christmas Tree, he looked around the room, smiling mischievously to himself. "Hey Andie, so is this where it happened?"

Andrea turned to him with furrowed brows. He had gained the attention of the whole room now. "Where what happened?" she asked warily. Sirius gestured to the couch seated in front of the Television.

"Your first kiss," he said nonchalantly. Remus elbowed his side and James glared daggers at him. He knew exactly what he was doing, bringing this up in front of their parents and embarrassing them to new levels. "Sirius, shut up," James growled, casting a nervous glance at Andrea's father and brothers. 

They were all sweet and kind when they wanted to, but they were also scary and intimidating when they needed to. "London, you know I only moved here the summer before last, so stop trying to cause issues and sit pretty as you usually do." Sirius glared at her.

"I do more than sit and look pretty," he protested. "Yeah," Remus supported him, clapping his shoulder, "He's also very good at complaining about schoolwork he doesn't do."

"Not helping, Moony," Sirius glared at him. "Good. You don't deserve it right now." "What's this about a kiss, then?" Gian dragged the subject back. Andrea groaned and banged her forehead against Peter's shoulder.

"Nothing, they're just messing around," James mumbled, sending a warning look to Remus and Sirius. Peter and Sirius shared a look. Sirius cleared his throat dramatically and started the story they had all heard on Halloween last year.

"The year; 1969. The place; New York City."

"Siriu-"

"- Shh! Let the boy speak," Aisha chuckled, covering James' mouth with her hand.
"They were watching a movie, which apparently is like a picture with voices, don't even get me started on that. Anyways, they saw two people kissing on their telephone-" "-Television," Remus corrected him with a chuckle.