{10}

The Next Morning...

Toni woke up to Cheryl in her embrace, flashbacks of last night roaming through her head. She smiled at the previous night and gave Cheryl a kiss in her head.

I love you, too. The only words roaming through her head. Yes, Toni absolutely loves Cheryl, but that time was different. As if they were just meeting, they've been together, and they've shared their first 'I love you's' with one another. Even thought this may be true, this has happened countless times in high school, so for Toni to feel that very feeling again was riveting.

Cheryl moved a little bit but settled down when she felt she was in Toni's embrace. She snuggled into Toni's neck, holding her closer than before.

"Good morning." Cheryl greeted, still extremely drowsy.

"Good morning, baby. Go 'head back to sleep." Toni said, earning a hum from the redhead on her chest, opposite from their first position. Cheryl went back to sleep, pulling Toni closer to her.

Toni stroked her hair and drew unpredictable patterns on Cheryl's alabaster skin. Within the silence, Toni was in her thoughts. She thought about how life would be with Cheryl, about marriage, fighting their demons together, being parents, everything that could happen, she thought of. Her thoughts with Cheryl were, for the most part positive, but she thought about the things that could intersect their relationship.

Penny Peabody, the leader of the Ghoulies and enemy of the Serpents. Her ex, the one person who could break her down. Then she thought about her mother. Toni's mother approved and accepted Toni for who she was and nothing less, but she never approved of anyone. Unless she felt that the person Toni was seeing was legitimate for Toni's well being, she didn't approve of them.

She felt as a mother, if she could control who Toni dated, but with the right mindset, then she would continue to do that until she felt like Toni found the right one for her. Now, the one person she approves of is Cheryl. She feels she's a good person, with good intentions, and she cares for her well being. Believe it or not, her mother intuition is beyond that scale.

As Toni's mind was roaming, thinking about life, Cheryl started to move around. She was groaning and Toni felt tears release from her eyes.

"No. Stop." Cheryl said, still in her sleep. Toni held her close and didn't let her grip loosen.

"Toni, I need you. Please come back." Cheryl said in a whimper.

"Baby, I'm right here." Toni said as she caressed Cheryl's arms.

"Travis, stop." Cheryl said in a cry. Toni shook Cheryl's shoulder lightly and Cheryl popped her eyes open. She looked up and was in the arms of the tan woman she now calls her girlfriends. She put her face into Toni's chest and started to cry.

"It's okay, baby. I'm right here?" Toni said as she caressed Cheryl's arms. Cheryl cried until she felt she couldn't anymore. Toni kissed her on the forehead and held her tightly, so she won't feel she was letting go. Not ever.

Cheryl looked up at Toni and gave her a kiss. She straddled Toni's waist and put her head into the crook of Toni's neck. Toni moved her hands to the alabaster being's waist, holding her close.

"Please don't leave me." Cheryl said as she looked up at the tan woman beneath her.

"I won't. I promise, okay?" Toni reassured as Cheryl looked into Toni's eyes.

"Are you sure?" Cheryl asked as Toni sat up some. Toni looked into Cheryl's eyes and saw the hurt within her.

"I'm sure. Cheryl, I'm in this for the long haul. I'm not leaving, not ever again. I'm here if you need me to be. You need help, you call me, no matter what time of the day it is. I'll always try my best to protect you, make you happy, and give you the life thag bastard couldn't provide you with. I love you and I mean it when I say this. Every single time I do, everytime I have, I meant it. I love you, Cheryl." Toni said as Cheryl let tears fall out of her eyes. She smiled and gave Toni a kiss, filled with love, compassion, durability and soul. The kiss wasn't meant to be sexual, just an expression of Cheryl's love for Toni.