{13}

The next morning approached and Cheryl woke up and Toni was asleep beside her stomach, her arm draped around the redhead's waist, holding her closely.

Cheryl reached over to the nightstand, grabbing her phone to find a text from her mom. She unlocked the phone and saw:

Mom<3
Cher, we need to talk. Reg told us about what happened, and we just want you to be okay, so if you can come by when you're free, we'd love that.

Oh, and bring your girlfriend.

I love you

Cheryl smiled and responded to her mom, letting her know she'd be by at about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. She put her phone back on the nightstand and rubbed over her stomach and the top of Toni's head.

Toni stirred a bit, her grasp on Cheryl tightening, and a kiss being laid on her stomach. The tanned woman settled by her side, getting comfortable beside her girlfriend.

Cheryl tried to slip out of Toni's hold, but Toni held onto her for dear life. "Baby, what are you doing?" Toni said, groggily.

Cheryl chuckled slightly responding, "My love, this baby's on my bladder. I have to go to the bathroom."

Toni took her arm from the redhead's waist and laid on the duvet beneath her. Cheryl got from the bed, walking to the bathroom and doing what she needed.

When she was finished, she looked in the mirror and lifted her shirt up slightly, seeing a tad bit of a pudge. She smiled and heard the door open behind her. She turned around and saw Toni peeking in the room.

"Everything okay, babe?" Toni asked, her voice still a bit groggy since she wasn't fully awake, still.

Cheryl smiled softly, walking over to the tanned woman, placing a kiss on the top of her head. "Yes, I'm okay, babe." Cheryl said, opening the door and leaving the restroom. The two walked to the bed, laying side by side. "My mom wants us to come over." Cheryl announced.

Toni looked over at her and placed a kiss on the redhead's lips. "Okay, baby. What time should we be there by?" Toni questioned, laying her head on the redhead's shoulder.

"I told her by 2," Cheryl responded.

The two laid there, dozing here and there and with me another by their side.

---

1 o'clock came in the blink of an eye, and they were on their way to Cheryl's parents house. They weren't scared, at least Toni wasn't, but Cheryl on the other hand, she felt like she was going into the electric chair.

She hasn't seen her parents in about eight months due to her situation with Travis. She'd see them reach out, invite her to family gatherings, but she couldn't be with them. Not until Travis was out of the picture.

And now that he is, and hopefully for good, she was going to see them to speak about what had happened between the ex-couple.

Toni grabbed Cheryl's hand, felling how clammy her hands were and placed a kiss on the back of her hand. Cheryl snapped out of her gaze and looked over at the tan woman.

It was as if Toni read Cheryl's mind when she said, "It's going to be okay, babe. They'll understand, and if they don't, then me and Reggie's here for you."

Cheryl sighed, looking back out of the window, wondering what was going to happen, when they arrived to the house.

-

They finally arrived and Toni turned off the car, getting her and Cheryl out and they walked to the house. Toni's thumb never stopped rubbing Cheryl's hand.