{15}

It's been about a month and the couple has been on good terms.Very few disagreements, but with their maturity, and true intentions of their relationship, they were able to move forward for everyone, especially the unborn child they were going to bring into the world together.

They're on their way to the clinic to get the ultrasound to find out what the gender of the baby would be. Over the span of a month, Cheryl decided she wanted to wait until the birth of her baby to find out what the gender of the baby would be.

Toni, on the other hand, 'wasn't able to handle that torture', so she was going to find out at the appointment. Cheryl debated with Toni, telling her that if the brunette did know the gender, then it was going to be nerve-wracking since she had to deal with the conscious of Toni knowing, and Cheryl not knowing.

They pulled into the clinic, getting out and checking in for their doctor. They were waiting in the waiting room when Cheryl looked at Toni, shaking her leg slightly, getitng the brunette's attention. Toni looked up from her phone, turning it off, and giving the redhead her attention.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" Toni asked, looking at the expression the redhead was giving her.

"Is it okay if I find out the gender?" Cheryl asked.

Toni gave her a confused look and chuckled a bit. "Um, of course, this is your baby, after all, isn't it?" Toni asked, getting a nervous chuckle and nod out of the redhead. Toni thought a bit longer, and then it all clicked. "Or do you just want to know so me and you can both know?" Toni asked.

Cheryl gave a look of defeat with a sigh," Babe, I won't be able to sleep at night if--"

"Nope, either you find out because your genuinely want to know, or you don't find out, because that's what you originally wanted to do, and that's where your heart stands." Toni said.

Cheryl rolled her eyes, slumping in her seat a little. She heard the brunette chuckle, knowing that she was going to do what she originally planned to do, and was going to have to deal with the conscious of not knowing until it was time to give birth.

The doctor came out shortly and called Toni and Cheryl to the room. When they entered the room, the doctor put in Cheryl's information, washed her hands, and went over to the brunette and redhead who were waiting for her to give the ultrasound.

Cheryl sat there, the cold gel being smeared along the bottom of her abdomen. She and Toni looked up at the screen, seeing the unborn child moving around on the screen. The doctor took pictures of the baby, and let Toni and Cheryl hear the heartbeat-- which was in fact healthy.

They were getting ready to leave when the doctor came back into the room with the envelope that Toni and Cheryl was waiting for. "Okay, so, would you like the gender, or would you like to keep it a secret?" The doctor asked, looking between the two women.

Cheryl sighed and looked at Toni, shaking her head trying to hold in a smile. "I don't want to know, but she does," Cheryl spoke. She grabbed her bag, and looked at the doctor. "And, on that note, I'm going to be waiting outside," Cheryl said as she left out of the room.

The doctor gave Toni the envelope, discreetly telling the brunette to open the envelope. Toni did and saw a pink slip in the paper alongside the pictures of the baby. Toni gave a smile and pulled the doctor into an unexpected hug.

The doctor chuckled and rubbed the woman's back before pulling out of the hug. "I hope the news is good with you, and that both you and Ms. Blossom have a good time. See you in a month," the doctor said before Toni smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, see you in a month." Toni said, getting her jacket and leaving out of the room.

The brunette left out of the room with a big smile on her face and Cheryl rolled her eyes. "Come on, smiley," Cheryl said before grabbing Toni and directing her out of the building.

---

The couple spent the next few hours out at the mall, getting bears, clothes, and things they didn't necessarily need. Cheryl was so caught up in the spoiling moment, she didn't realize Toni went into the jewelry store and get a ring for her.

They left the mall around 8 o'clock at night and ended up getting some Panda Express before going to Cheryl's parents house. Cheryl had told the brunette that she wanted some time with her parents, and Toni understood and dropped her home.

The brunette went to Veronica's place, that being where Sweet Pea was at, and knocked on the door being met with the Latina. Veronica smiled and let Toni in. Sweet Pea came out of the bathroom and saw this glow on her face she hasn't had for a long while.

"What's the cause of the blush, dearest sister," Sweet Pea asked as he sat in the stool pulled up at the island.

Toni pulled an envelope out of her bag and Veronica started squealing. Toni laughed and looked at Sweet Pea, slightly waving in the air. "This. I know the gender," Toni said with a smile. Toni dug back into the bag, pulling out the ring box. Veronica squealed, taking the box out of the brunette hand, revealing a red band.

Veronica's mouth gaped and she looked up at the brunette, with a smile sneaking along he lips. "Are you serious?" Veronica asked, closing the ring box and handing it to Toni.

Toni smiled and nodded, opening it and looking at it herself, as well. "Yeah, I think it's a good decision to make," Toni said. "My question is... should it be a promise ring, or should it be an engagement ring?" Toni said, contemplating on whether or not if she was rushing things.

Veronica looked at Sweet Pea and then back at Toni. "I think you should ask her if she'd be ready for that step." Veronica said as she walked into her kitchen.

Toni looked up, not realizing that he had said it out loud, and nodded. "Okay, well, I'll be in the guest room until tomorrow, because I'm tired, and can't drive under these conditions," Toni said as she walked to the room.

When the brunette went into the room, she put her bags down and pulled out her phone, calling Cheryl. She didn't get an answer, so she texted the redhead telling her she loved  her, and to have a goodnight.

She swiped through her contacts before she ran into her mom's name. She pressed call and heard it ring, but she didn't get an answer either. She texted her mom, telling her she wanted to talk, and goodnight.

She changed out of her clothes and laid back in bed, under the covers with music playing through her ears. After a while, she fell asleep.

The only thing the brunette wanted to have was for the redhead to be happy, and with someone who loved her, whether it was her or not.

All Cheryl wanted was relief and a happy life, people surrounding her with love.

Two people wanting happiness, with someone who gave them that very happiness... it was like a sense of completion for them both.

They just had a few more obstacles to get through.

Thanks for reading, byeeeeee

-Ley<3