Chapter Three

Regina had spoken with the over-juiced man that runs the front of Forever Fitness and scheduled two private sessions a week with Emma. She was already participating in the group classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and now, she has booked every Tuesday and Thursday with the woman for a solid hour.

It's her first Tuesday and she already regrets not thinking this plan through completely. She's seriously contemplating "accidentally" slipping and punching the Savior in the face.

Wouldn't be the first time.

"Come on, ten more jabs, you got this," Emma enthusiastically encourages, but it only irks Regina all the more and she tries to calculate which would hurt more, her knuckles or her fist with this stupid boxing glove on. "And ten! Nice work," she happily compliments, clearing up the raging fog in Regina's mind.

She was so lost in her own thoughts, she didn't even realize she punched the pads attached to Emma's hands another ten times. She desperately gasps for her next breath, sweat pouring from every crevice of her body, and she's sure she hasn't been this sweaty since Neverland.

"Let's get these gloves off and then stretch," Emma states, already reaching for one of Regina's hands to remove the bulky glove.

And again, Regina is taken back by how nice Emma is here in New York. Of course, Emma has always been nice, but now, she's...sweet.

"Good work today. You really pushed yourself, I can tell this was rough on you," Emma continues her one-sided conversation as she drops the boxing gloves to the mat below.

"Yes...well, boxing isn't really my thing," she deadpans while her sole attention is on the way Emma delicately takes her hands and slowly unravels the wraps she insisted on beneath the gloves.

"You don't say?" Emma sarcastically quips, a cheeky little grin sliding into place. "It's a great workout, but we won't always do that. I like to mix up my sessions as much as possible."

Regina's eyes flutter closed in relief.

"No screaming match today?" Regina muses, provoking one of Emma's eyebrows to lift out of curiosity. "Yesterday's class session, at the end everyone was screaming as if a demon was swooping down to curse them."

Emma appears serious for all of five seconds and Regina thinks...prays some memory was just triggered in her mind, but then the cheekiest little grin slips across her face and Regina deflates.

"I found it's very therapeutic for everyone to just scream and really let out all those daily stressors in life. It helps people relax and relieves some of the tension in their shoulders, maybe even some of their anxiety." Regina simply blinks, taking Emma's words carefully into consideration. "Why don't we stretch a little bit?"

Regina nods her agreement and follows Emma to the mat spread out for them. She studies her instructor closely, mimicking Emma as she reaches toward the sky with one arm, then stretches behind her neck, then uses her free hand to pull on her elbow.

"So, you seem like you're in great shape, why sessions five days a week?" Emma curiously inquires.

Regina is so damn thankful that she's already bright red from the strenuous workout because she can feel the blush warming her cheeks even further from the compliment. She mentally curses this new version Emma for not being so snippy with her. She can handle a fierce Emma Swan, but she isn't properly prepared for the one that easily tosses out compliments.

"Thank you," she shyly whispers, following Emma's lead as she switches arms. "However, I'm not getting any younger and I think it's best to whip my body into shape now to maintain this physique."