Chapter Fifteen

Sunday morning, if memory serves her correctly, Henry is usually up at seven, so he can get an hour or two in of video games before he starts the day. So, she woke up around six-thirty this morning to make breakfast before she takes off because she knows the Charmings are waiting for her back at the apartment.

She's just beating the eggs in a bowl when her very sleepy son comes staggering out of his bedroom.

"Mom?" And god does she wish that his greeting was actually directed towards her. She peeks up from the bowl, her hand still moving to whip up the eggs. "Hi, I keep forgetting there are more than just two people around now," he chuckles to himself, slipping onto the stool at the counter.

"Good morning, Henry. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," he shrugs carelessly, plopping his cheek against his fist. "How's my mom?" He questions through a yawn that persuades her lips to dance into a radiant smile.

"She's just fine, however, I did want to ask you if this is a regular occurrence?" She calmly asks, not to alarm him. She even begins pouring the eggs in the skillet to seem unfazed by his mother's wellbeing.

"Um, kinda. She was really sick in the beginning and now I know it's because she was pregnant. And lately, she...I don't know...wears out easily?" He meekly suggests, unsure how to properly explain his mother's behavior. "I just thought it was like you said, exhausting trying to create a human. But is there more to it? Is something wrong with my mom?"

"Oh honey, no need to worry. I'm sure she's just fine. I was just curious. I want to make sure she and your baby sister are receiving the best possible care," she honestly says through a warm smile that hopefully settles any nerves he might have about the topic.

"Yeah, me too."

"Good," she firmly states. "Now, what time does your mother usually wake up on the weekends?"

"I don't know. I think eight. I usually like to play an hour on my Xbox before she wakes up and makes us do things."

Regina smiles softly at her son, some things never change. Without any consideration to her actions, she reaches across the counter, cups his chin and offers him a genuine smile before she continues with breakfast.

"I'm glad you're here, Regina," he shyly murmurs. "My mom has been taking care of herself and me and it's about time someone takes care of her."

"Well, I'm glad I'm here too. This is almost ready, can you set the table for me?" She kindly asks, reveling in the way he doesn't roll his eyes or groan his protest.

"Sure."

He climbs off the stool and makes his way further into the kitchen, gathering three plates and three forks as well. She finishes up with the eggs while he neatly places the forks down on the table upon folded napkins. That's when Emma makes her debut, a shining grin plastered across her face from the scene displayed before her.

"Good morning, guys."

"Morning, mom."

"Good morning, dear," Regina sweetly says, depositing the eggs between three plates. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Just fine. I slept hard last night and I'm all rested up now," her girlfriend confidently states, strutting into the kitchen, ruffling Henry's messy hair along the way. "What's all this?" Emma questions, sliding up next to Regina with a smile that's to die for.

"Breakfast. Surely you have seen it before," she sarcastically quips.

"Yeah, just never had anyone join me and my son before," Emma admits, encouraging Regina to lean forward and press the smallest peck to her cheek.