Start Of Something New

Nyko's POV

    "But I don't have a place to stay. How can you just kick someone out? Shouldn't this be illegal or something?" I couldn't clear my mind. Being kicked out of an orphanage is something people don't realize happens. Can they even do this? I don't have anywhere to go.
    "I'm sorry but you'll have to find some place. There is a coffee shop in town. It's about three miles. There is also a homeless shelter fifteen miles down the road." The lady at the front desk set down a bottle of pills, a bag full of my items and a stack of clothing. "You can leave through those doors."
    "But I don't have anywhere to go." I argued.
    "Oh and use the left door. The right one is having troubling shutting." The lady looked back down at her laptop and ignored my arguments.
    What is happening? I don't understand. I don't have anywhere to go. Shouldn't it be illegal to kick me out? I started walking. Hopefully I was walking in the right direction. The bag full of my tuff was heavy and my shoes weren't even good shoes. They were shoes that my bunkie gave me because she got new ones and my old ones were broken. These shoes were a size too small and scrunched my toes but it was better than nothing.
    By time I made it to the coffee shop it was almost sunset and they closed in an hour. A bus stop was right outside of the shop but it started raining and there wasn't any type of awning for me to stand under. i ran into the shop before it down poured and sat at the closest seat to the window.
    I watched the rain disturbed leaves on trees and watched as people rushed to their cars from other building. Where am I going to go? I don't have a place and I can't stay out in the rain. I could get pneumonia.
    The bell on the door jingled and a tall lady walked in with a rainbow umbrella. Is she? Maybe she could... No don't. Don't be a burden on other people.
    "Hey Dylan!" The tall lady exclaimed and leaned on the counter.
    "Hey Kiara, what can I get you today?" A gorgeous man popped up from under the counter and smile at the lady.
    "How about a roommate? Anyone take my number from the poster today?" The brunette lady looked over at papers on the wall. Roommate? She's looking for someone to room with?
    "Nope, sorry babes. But," the man looked over at me then back to the lady and whispered. "She's been here for almost an hour. She's been coloring and drawing. She just stares out the window then goes back to coloring.I think the you know what threw her out. I don't know how old she is. My guess 18."
    "Really?" The lady glanced at me then quickly looked back at the person she was talking to.
    "She might be," He looked at be again then leaned in closer to the tall brunette and whispered something I couldn't hear. I stared out the window. I couldn't hear anything else until the sound of footsteps approached me.
    "Hi sweetie, is it alright if I sit here?" She pointed at the chair across from me. I shook my head and looked down at my paper. "That's a pretty picture you have. Can I see it?" She sat down at the table and I nodded. The brunette gently took the paper and turned it around to see it. "My name is Kiara." Kiara slid my drawing back over to me and flashed me a gummy smile.
    "I-my name..." I paused "i-is Nyko." I scrunched my eyebrows together and mentally scolded myself.
    "Hi Nyko." Kiara's voice was soft and sweet. "Honey, do you have a place to go?" I raised an eyebrow at her and she quickly explained. "I am asking because my friend Dylan, he has to close the coffee shop now." She put her arms on the table and slid her hand close to mine. I realized that I'm getting kicked out. I shook my head slowly. Kiara made a noise in he back of her throat and reached out with her hand to put it over mine. I quickly pulled my hands away before she touched them. "Sorry, I just..." She looked over at the counter.
    Dylan nodded his head then left to the back of the shop.
    "Sweetie, you could stay with me for a couple nights. Just until we get you a place to stay. You can say no, of course." Her voice was familiar in a way. The soft sweet way she spoke to me. I've heard it before...I looked up into her green eyes. She was giving me the look my mother always gave me before she passed three years ago. "I won't hurt you or anything. I just want to make sure you have a place to stay. You can say no if you don't want to." I nodded my head and looked back down. I wasn't sure what to do.
    "Y-yes please." Kiara stood up and carefully grabbed my broken colored pencils and put them in their baggy then lightly touched my shoulder and looked at me with her soft green eyes. She put out her hand to help me up but I realized I still had my bag on the floor. I stared down at it not wanting to pick it up since it was heavy.
    "It's alright sweetie. I've got it. Let me carry the heavy stuff." She took my bag and put it around her shoulder and walked me to the door.
    What am I doing? I'm going home with a complete stranger. Am I crazy? I looked out of the window to the only car in the parking lot. It was a large silver truck with heavily tinted windows.
    She opened her umbrella at the door and put it over me then opened the door.
    "But you'll get wet." I said quietly. I felt bad that she was putting the umbrella over me rather than herself. maybe we could share the umbrella? No, it's too small for that. Why is she being so nice to me?
    "It's alright. A little bit of water never hurt anyone." She shrugged then flashed her gummy smile at me again and nudged me gently out the door.

Authors Note:
Hey guys, this is the first chapter to my new book. I hope you guys like it. I will try to update when I can. I already have the second chapter done but I won't release it unless people actually start reading this and liking it. If you guys would like chapter to please let me know and I'll update when I can my lovelies. Love you all!