Tantrum

Nyko's POV

    "Mama," I set my blue spoon down and looked up at Mama who was rubbing her eyes.
    "Yes sweetie?" She looked up at me with concern.
    "D-did Mom tell you about what happened?" My eyes slowly drifted down back to the table.
    "What do you mean?" Her voice was soft yet still sounded a bit harsh.
    "Nevermind." I shrugged. "What time is she getting home from work?"
    "Oh okay, Kiara said she was getting off around 5 tonight. It's 5:15 so she should be here any minute." Mama looked at me trying to read me but I looked away and stared at the door. "Are you alright?"
    "Yeah. I'm okay. I just still don't feel too great. And I miss mom is all." Why do I miss her so much? The door creaked and I heard it hit the door stopper. She's home! I got up from the table and rushed to the door to hug her.
    "Hey baby." She wrapped her arms around me and picked me up. "Are you feeling better?"
    "Mhm." I smiled and snuggled my face into her neck.
    "I'm glad to hear that. How did she do today? Did she throw up anymore?"
    "No, we slept for a quite a bit. Most of the day actually. We only got up about an hour ago." Mama rubbed my back then sat down on the couch.
    "Can we watch TV?" I lifted my head and stared at the remote.
    "Sure baby." Mom put me down next to Mama then left for the kitchen. I immediately followed because I didn't want to be away from her.
    "Would you like to help me make popcorn? We can watch a move and eat popcorn." She pulled a bag of popcorn out of the pantry and put it on the counter.
    "Really?" I got excited and ran to the popcorn on the counter and started opening it.
    "Yes, but you can't have too much or you'll get a belly ache since you haven't eaten dinner and you got sick this morning."
    "But I only got sick because of the," I paused. "The milk.
    "You also had a fever for most of the day Nyko. So really you shouldn't be having popcorn but I'm letting you have a little bit anyway.

    By time the movie was over Mom was asleep and Mama was playing on her phone. I pouted because Mom was asleep and I wanted a back rub. I kept pouting until Mama realized and touched my cheek.
    "What's wrong Nyko?" Mama's eyes were soft.
    "I wan mommy gimme back wub." My puppy dog eyes surfaced before I could stop them.
    "Well," Mama leaned forward and looked at Mommy. "She's asleep right now but I can give you a back rub if you'd like."
    I whined and grumbled and rolled off the couch and threw my arms in the air. "But I wan Mommy to!" I shouted and kicked my legs while hitting the floor with my fists.
    "Nyko why are you so upset? I know you want mommy to but why would you rather her than me?"
    "I WAN BACK WUB FWOM MOMMY!" I screamed and flailed my limbs then Shane got down on the ground and started doing the same thing. I immediately stopped and frowned at her.
"Now, tell me with big girl words." Shane raised her eyebrows and looked up at Kiara who was staring at us in confusion.
    "I wan Mommy wub my back tuz she gimme good back wubs." I sniffled and climbed up on Mommy's lap and snuggled into her.
    "Baby if you wanted a back rub you could have just woken me up." Mommy started rubbing my back.
    "But Mama said you were sleep. So I no wan wake you up." I wrapped my arms around her and sighed.
    "It's okay to wake me up baby girl." Mommy keep rubbing my back so I grabbed her hand and held onto it. "It's almost bed time. But I think we should probably eat some dinner first what do you say bug?" Mommy leaned away from me but I quickly pulled her back to me.
    "Should we just skip dinner? Or maybe order something?" Mama's voice was quiet.
    "I don't care. What sounds good?"
    "I wan chiten nuggies." I piped in.
    "Baby, you have chicken nuggets for dinner yesterday. How about something else?" Mama laughed.
    "Mat'n'cheese!" I smiled and giggled before adding more. "n' hot dogs."
    "How about we get you soup?" Mommy leaned away and put her hand under my chin. "Mac'n'cheese with hot dogs is going to hurt your tummy."
    "But I am fine. My tummy doesn't hurt anymore. It just hurt tuz I drank miwk."
    "Are you lactose intolerant?" Mommy questioned me.
    "What's lacose towant?"
    "It's lactose INtolerant, Baby. It means you cannot drink milk or it hurts your belly."
    "Ohhhh. Wactose imtowant!" I giggled and hid my face in my hands.
    "We could order Jayjay's. They have chicken noodle soup." Mama looked at Mommy who nodded. "What do you want?"
    "A burger. No pickles." I gasped.
    "I wan booger no pitles too!" I shrieked.
    "No, you are getting soup. We don't want to upset your tummy any more than it already has been today, Sweetie."
"But I wan booger no pitles too, Mama!" I crossed my arms and stuck my bottom lip out before running to my room. "No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair!" I threw myself on my bed kicking and hitting my blankets and did what all kids do. I screamed. It's not fair that I have to have something different than Mommy. I don't want soup. I have soup all of the time. Why do I have to have soup? The only reason I threw up was because of the milk. It's just not fair. I don't even want soup!
I huffed and gasped for more air before screaming again. Tears started falling onto the bedsheets. A few minutes went by until I finally stopped screaming and curled up with my stuffed animals and grabbed my nuk and put it in my mouth. I sniffled and continued pouting.
"Are you done?" Mommy peeked her head in my door and stared at me with raised eyebrows. I nodded my head and gave her puppy dog eyes. "Why were you screaming?"
"I mo an oup." I pouted and turned away.
"Baby, Mommy can't understand you with that in your mouth." Mommy leaned over me and took my nuk.
"I no wan soup. I'm otay now and I wan a booger no pitles too."
"Okay, Baby. How about we get you a cheese burger with no pickles?" Mommy started rubbing my back. I nodded and closed my eyes. "Sweetie, we can't have you screaming like that again. If this happens again then you'll get in trouble and have to sit in time out."
"I no wan time out." I quickly opened my eyes and shook my head before opening my mouth for her to give me back my nuk.
"Okay, then I suggest you be good and don't throw anymore tantrums."