Back Home

Nyko's POV

    The car ride back home seemed to take forever. Between the irresistible itching of my hand and the headache I had, the car ride was boring. Shane sat in the back of the car with me while Kiara drove so that I would have someone to make sure I was okay on the ride back home.
    When we got home Shane carried me inside and tucked me into my bed. Which annoyed me because I'm not a baby when I'm not in little space. I have to admit, the cuddles I got from Kiara when we were still at the hospital did make me feel better. It's sort of like how when a parent kisses their child's cuts and bruises to magically make them feel better. Except, cuddles. The more I thought about them the more I started to miss having my face buried in Kiara's shirt. I followed Shane out of my room a couple minutes later and stared at Kiara who had her back to me and was talking to Shane.
    "Nyko what are you doing up?" Shane leaned into view making Kiara turn around and her eyes met mine. Her soft eyes made me feel more at home and calmed my racing heart.
    "I-I was just wondering..." I scratched the back of my head then dropped my gaze to the floor. "If I could have some cuddles? From Kiara?" A few moments of silence fell between us before Kiara's sweet voice played through my ears.
    "Of course, sweetie." Kiara shuffled over to me before wrapping her arms around me. "Your bed or mine? Or the couch? I suppose there is also the floor." She winked and we both giggled.
    "Your bed please." I can't control my puppy dog eyes so when I looked up Kiara's face looked like she just saw the cutest thing on earth. I blushed and hid my face.
    "You got it."
    Kiara pulled the comforter down to the edge of the bed and patted the mattress. I gently climbed onto the bed and curled up into a ball. Kiara quickly threw the blanket over my body and scooped me up like a baby then sat on the bed where my head was laying on her chest and her arms were wrapped around me.
I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of her heart beat. It calmed me down and relaxed me to the point I was sure that I was asleep.
Unfortunately, a loud noise made me jolt up from my resting spot. As well as Kiara. We both shuffled to the kitchen to see a red mess splattered across the floor. Shane looked up with disappointment written across her face.
"Guess we should get take out. Unless you guys want plain noodles." She sighed and looked at the mess. "What do I even clean this up with?"
"A dog would be nice." Kiara shrugged and walked up to the mess. "Plain noodles sound good to me. We could always season them with some parsley, butter, parmesan, salt and pepper."
"The neighbors have a dog right?" Shane asked after nodding and getting items out of the pantry.
"I think so...but I was just kidding." Kiara laughed.
"What kind of dog?" I asked excited to see it.
"Honey, I was kidding. I didn't actually mean for the dog to come clean it up."
"But it wouldn't hurt to ask right?" I questioned.
"I suppose." she thought for a second then left the apartment. A few minutes later she came back through the door with the neighbor, their dog and a mop bucket full of cleaning supplies.
"Hi!" I shouted and ran to the dog. I think it was a husky mix but I cannot be sure.
"That is quite the mess you got there." The neighbor lady said laughing.
"Thank you again for letting us use these." Kiara lifted a pair of gloves and what looked like a dust pan but had a little rubber hand held tool.
"It's no problem. You're welcome to ask for it anytime." She smiled and looked at me then back to the mess. "Did you make that big mess?"
I smiled and shook my head. "Nope. Shane made it all by herself."
While I continued to pet the dog the others cleaned up the mess and worked on making dinner together. Kiara and Shane decided to have the Mixie, the neighbor, over for dinner. She understood our situation more than most would when first being told about it. She seemed to accept who I am without seeing it as weird.
We all talked over dinner and got to know each other. I got to know the dog more than Mixie. However, Mixie said she had three children that are all in college and come home for the summer. The oldest two were twins and the youngest is two years younger than them it the most mature.
She said that I was pretty mature for my age even for being a little and that it is good that I am mature when I am out of little space because that means I can take care of myself in case something were to happen when Kiara and Shane are gone at work or errands. I agreed and said that I can cook decently since I learned when I was really young.
After dinner Mixie took her dog RJ and went back home. I was sad when she took RJ because I really love dogs. He was old but playful and like to give me kisses on my nose.
"Okay sweetie, I think it's time we get cleaned up and ready for bed."
"Can we please watch tv first?" I pouted and pointed to the remote.
"Ten minutes and then we are getting ready for bed." Kiara sighed and turned on the tv. "What do you want to watch?"
"Paw Patrol!" I squealed and clapped my hands.
"Alright monkey." I crawled on the couch to sit with Kiara and stared at the TV.