Sleepy Little

Nyko's POV

    "Nyko how about you come sit in the guest room and I'll get you some clean clothes." Miss Kiara lead me down the hall and to a large room with pink curtains and purple bed sheets. There were many buckets filled with toys and stuffed animals.
    "Miss Kiara?" I turned around with the towel still wrapped around my shoulders. I was freezing.
    "Sweetie, You don't have to call me Miss Kiara." She smiled and gently sat me down on the bed. It was so comfortable.
    "Do you have a little kid?" I looked around the room and then back up to her.
    "No sweetie, I don't. But I suppose I would sort of like a little kid. In a way." She rubbed my arms and stood up.
    "Well..." I paused almost embarrassed to ask. "Who are all these toys for then? And if you don't want me to call you Miss Kiara what do you want me to call you?"
    "These toys are for anyone who wants to play with me." She gave me a wide smile and caressed my cheek. I blushed. Why do I feel like this? "You can call me Mommy if you'd like." I raised my eyebrows slightly and stopped breathing. Mommy? Does she think I'm three? "It's alright. You don't have to sweetie. I'll go get you some clothes alright?" Kiara dropped her hand from my cheek and left the room.
    Why do I feel so warm? Why is she taking care of me like a little kid? I don't mind it...It actually feels nice to be cared for like this after so long of not having any affection from a parental figure.
    "I hope you don't mind the clothes are a bit..." Kiara paused and looked at the clothes in her hand. "Pink." She set them down on the bed next to me.
    "No. I like pink." I noticed the small unicorns on the pajamas.
    "Okay, good. Would you like some help getting dressed?" Kiara hesitated when grabbing the clothing. She took a step back and looked at the floor. She seemed conflicted about helping me. Does she think she's overstepping?
    "Y-yes please." I don't think I really needed help but she looked sad when she wasn't helping. She looked back up at me and smiled before grabbing a pair of yellow underwear from the stack.
    "Can you stand up for me?" She motioned with her hands so I got up from the bed. Kiara bent over and stretched the underwear for me to step into. She pulled them up slowly then continued with the pants. I had to hold onto her shoulder so I didn't fall over when putting the pants on.
    I had finished getting dressed and Kiara had led me out to the living room and sat me on a pillow on the floor while she went to take are of something. A couple minutes later she came out with a box full of hair stuff.
    "Here, I'll left you choose the color." Kiara sat behind me and handed me the box. It was full of colorful hair ties. I felt a gentle tugging on my hair and realized she was brushing my hair.
    "Miss Kiara..." I looked at the ties. "Are you lonely?" She continued brushing my hair. "Miss Kiara?"
    "Do you know what a little one is, Nyko?" The question was sudden. I thought for a moment then shook my head. "Well...A little one is when someone big, like you, likes to color and do kid things. It's not a bad thing. It's can be a good thing. When a little one goes into little space it helps them to feel safer and more relaxed." She stopped for a moment.
    Sometimes I feel like this...What does this mean?
    "Little space can help the little one to escape the big problems. Kind of like how you were coloring today. Then again when you were playing in bath time." Bath time? "Did you choose a color?" My thoughts were interrupted and I snapped back to thinking about the colors. I quickly grabbed a random hair tie and gave it to her. Wait...what color was it? I panicked and started to feel overwhelmed by all of the information and the colors. "Thank you." Kiara messed with my hair for a few me seconds then let a long braid drop on my shoulder. Green.
    "Are you a little one, Miss Kiara?" I grabbed another green hair tie and played with it.
    "That's a good question. But no, I am not a little one. I am a care giver for the little one. You see, I like to take care of littles. Like a Mommy takes cares of her kids. I'm telling you this because I noticed that you seem to be care free when doing little tasks."
    Am I a little? I do feel relaxed when someone is taking care of me or when I am coloring. I noticed Kiara stopped playing with my hair so I gave her the other hair tie.
    "Nyko," Kiaras voice was gentle again. I felt a weight shift behind me and then Kiara was kneeled on the ground in front of me. "I think you are a little." I dropped my eyes and felt weak. Does she dislike me now? "Hey, it's okay." Kiara's hands cupped my face. "It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing. This means that you have somewhere to go when you feel overwhelmed with big problems okay? And Nyko, I would like to take care of you." One of her hands dropped and grabbed mine.
    "I..." I pulled my face away unsure of how to respond. tears started to fall down my face. Why am I crying?
    "Why are you crying?" Kiara pulled my into a hug and and rubbed my back. I shrugged my shoulders and thought about how Kiara has been treating me.
    Once I stopped crying, Kiara led me back to my room and tucked me in and read me a story then shut the door on her way out.