Lost By Mommy Part 2

ATTENTION!!! This chapter talks about sensitive information and hints at non consensual sexual activities.

Kiara's POV
    I glared down at my phone screen trying to text a co-worker that messed up an order and apparently the lady wanted a refund and a new drink plus another free drink on top of that. With me being the manager I had to handle this since the only other manger was out of state for the week. I sighed and turned around to talk to Nyko but when I turned she wasn't there.
    "Nyko?" I looked around frantically but had no luck. You lost her. How can you lose an 18 year old? Four year old. "Nyko, sweetie, now isn't the time to play hide and seek." I ran out of the store and looked in the hallway hoping to find her. A security guard was standing nearby so I ran up to him.
    "Goodmorning," his deep voice was hard to hear.
    "Can you help me find my kid?" I asked him nervously looking around trying to spot her in the crowds of people.
    "What's her name?"
    "Nyko."
    "What does she look like?"
    "Um...short black hair, about 5'7."
    "Ma'am, how old is she?"
    "She's 18 but she's a little and she is in the mindset of a four year old right now."
    "If she is 18 then I can't really help you. I'm sure she'll come back to you. She probably went to the bathroom."
    "You don't understand. She is a little. She a four year old little girl you need to help me find her." I pleaded as he walked away but he said nothing. I gave up and ran around the halls of the mall looking is stores she might want to go in.
    Fifteen minutes later and I still have yet to find her. She's probably scared out of her mind. She's probably lost in all of this space and doesn't know where to go to find me. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed Scarlett's number that she gave me earlier.
    "Kiara? Why are you calling me?"
    "I lost Nyko. I don't know where she went and I can't get the security guard to help me and I don't know who else to go to. I've looked everywhere and I-"
    "Kiara calm down. Take a breath and focus." Scarlett mumbled something to someone on her side of the line. "I just told Avaleen to help look. She's looking in stores around us. Where are you?" Her voice was calm and showed no sign of panic.
    "I'm by the restrooms on the east side of the mall. Level three." I was out of breath from running around.
    "Alright, I'm on level two and Avaleen is on her way to level one. Have you checked all of three?"
    "Yes, but what if she somehow slipped through my fingers?"
    "It's highly unlikely. You guys are probably both looking for each other so you would have found her if she was up there. Security is on level two, I'm headed there now and I'll let you know when I get there. Just keep looking. We will find her." Just like that she hung up the phone.
    My heart pounded as I raced down the stairs and almost fell twice. The security office was down the hall but I kept running because it had already been almost half an hour. I got to the office and there were three people standing there staring at me.
    "I lost a girl. Her name is Nyko. Is she here?" My lung hurt.
    "Short black hair?" The woman blinked a few times then looked down at her desk.
    "That's her. Where is she?"
    "She's down the hall, doors to the left." The door swung open and my eyes dropped to a curled up Nyko.
    "Baby are you okay?" I looked at Nyko with worried eyes. "Nyko, why'd you run off?"
    She seemed upset so I pulled her into my arms and she stared sobbing. Who hurt her? What happened?
    "Baby you don't have to be scared. I'm not mad. It was an accident. I'm just glad you are safe." I wiped tears from her face and pet her hair. "There is no reason to cry. Why are you crying?" The door opened from behind me so I looked back and the security guard was standing there. Nyko jerked out of my arms and fell to the floor then crawled into the corner. What is she doing? I looked from her to the guard and realized she was scared of him.
    "Could we get a bit of space please. I need to talk to her on my own." I started to get mad because eI didn't know why she was so scared of him.
   I kneeled in front of Nyko and tried to figure out what was wrong. "Nyko," I reached out my hand and titled her head chin up so I could look her in the eye. "I need you to tell me what happened."
    "I went to the toy store and I must have accidentally put a toy in my pocket because when I left the alarm went off and the security man pushed me to the ground and brought me in here." She hesitated and looked down again.
    "Did he do something to you?" She nodded. "Did he touch you?" She nodded again. "Did he do more than touch you?" She nodded yet again. More tears ran down her face. "Did he..." I hesitated and pointed between Nyko's legs then motioned to mine then hers again. Thankfully she shook her head but grabbed my hand and put the palm of my hand against her private parts.
    "I-Inside my pants." I sighed and gently took Nyko into my arms and rocked her until she stopped crying.

Author's Note:
Hi guy, I will be trying to update on Thursdays and Mondays. This allows me to be able to have a few days for the next chapter and gives you guys some time to read my other book I have here called Finding Love In Pain. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and the next one will be up by Tuesday morning for all of the people who go to bed early. I will likely be publishing it later at night.