Chapter 12

In the night air, you finally started to loosen up. Donnie was ranting about.. something.. and Leo is keeping close beside you. He actually got so comfortable, that he takes your hand. You give him a surprised look, but nothing was said. Instead, you avert your gaze, finding the sidewalk more interesting as you feel your heart thump.

After a half a mile walk, you finally saw the most popular ice cream joint in the area. You see both boys pull their hoods up and slow their pace a little once the big, neon sign could be read.

Leo reaches in his jacket pocket and pulls out some cash. 

While Leo stopped walking, inadvertently causing you to stop as well; Donnie pauses, and turns to face you both. Apparently, In that span of four seconds, Donnie must've noticed Leo holding your hand, because he huffs and takes your other hand. Now you were trapped. You feel your stomach flood with butterflies.

Maybe this wasn't so bad?

______

Not long after, you all entered the small 24-hour establishment, and ordered your frozen treats. Leo had taken the longest though, he kept looking at all the different flavors, refusing to release your hand. So, this means he dragged you in circles-- as well as dragging Donnie in circles, because Donnie wasn't letting you go either. He held his spare hand under his chin in thought as he tried to pick a one. It's a dilemma to be sure, you dont blame him when there's so many good sounding flavors.

Eventually though, he settled on a flavor and the two boys dragged you outside to some cute tables out in the front. Metal chairs surrounded a small table, with a closed red umbrella above. Leo sat you down between Donnie and himself, but still refused you release your hand. Donnie; however, let go after his hand started to hurt-- the lack of contact was short lived though, because he linked arms with you instead. He was so close to you now, you could feel his body heat.

When they realized neither was backing down, both brothers squint at each other. In this moment, it really sunk in that you're in a love-triangle.

Upon this realization, you get lost in your thoughts; cringing at the idea of this being a cliche love-triangle-- like in twilight. At some point through this moment of mental crisis, you're shaken from your thoughts when Donnie snaps his fingers in your face. "Hey.. (Y/n), ice cream's here!" He says softly as he holds your dessert to your face. "O-Oh! Thank you, Donnie."

You look at your cold treat, it was made to look like a cute bunny, the same went for Donnies' and Leos'. 

You gingerly take it from him and start your slow progress on it, while Leo practically scarfs his down. From the corner of your eye, you see Donnie give his brother a look of disbelief and disgust. These two were adorable. 

Leo grins in delight as he quickly finished his ice cream. "That was good!" He laughs and leans into you. You feel your face flush. Now he was pressed against your arm, his face was inches away from yours.

Donnie glares at his brother, then rests his head on your shoulder, in what seemed to be retaliation. You feel your heart jump.