Chapter 20

A/N: This will be a mighty treat for you all. I hope it was worth the wait! Enjoy the new chapter (this is nearly  3/4 to the end of the book btw- YaY)! <3

"Donnie that's enough!" You scold, as Donnie was about to get his fourth cup of coffee. He looks over at you like a deer in headlights, having already started pouring coffee into his mug.

 He looks over at you like a deer in headlights, having already started pouring coffee into his mug

Slowly, he put the kettle back. Then you see him glance down at the filled mug. "Donnie, don't do it." You say, pointing at him.

He stares at you and you stand up from your seat, neglecting your breakfast. "No." You say in a warning tone. Donnie regarded you and the mug of coffee for a few more seconds, before he quickly raised the cup to his mouth and started scarfing it down.

You race over to him and try to take the mug from him. "Donnie stop it!"

You can see his smile, even beneath the mug. Donnie raises the mug above his head and tries his best not to laugh as he swallows the coffee. Once he was in the clear, he began to laugh and watched you helplessly swipe for the mug, which was now empty.

"Ok, ok! Here!" He laughs, handing you the mug.

You frown at him, showing your disappointment. Donnie's smile doesn't falter, instead he coos at you, cupping your face in his hands. "Don't frown so much, it causes wrinkles." He was clearly messing with you, trying to get on your nerves.

As you stare him down, there's a knock at the door, taking your attention away from Donnie. "That must be April." You say.

Donnie watches in dismay as you wiggle away from him and rush around, slipping on your shoes and swinging your backpack over your shoulder. As you head for the door, you glance at Donnie. "You coming?"

Donnie pats himself down, making sure he has everything. "Yeah, just let me get my hoodie on." Donnie slipped on his big purple hoodie and pulled the hood over his head in a quick motion. It seemed like a disguise that could never logically work, but in New York, nobody seemed to notice... Or they just didn't care. Same difference really.

When you opened the door, you expected only April to be on the other end greeting you, but to your surprise, Leo was beside her.

He scrolled through his phone, a big smirk on his face. It made your heart skip and your face tingle, but you were acutely aware you were blushing as you stared at him.

 It made your heart skip and your face tingle, but you were acutely aware you were blushing as you stared at him