Chapter 18

The door opens.

You stand there looking confused, then your face blooms with a blush and a shaky smile crosses your lips. "Oh, Donnie, hi! What brings you-" The words die on your tongue.

Donnie whips out the small bundle of flowers he had carefully crafted for you.

Your jaw falls slack for a moment as you struggle to speak. Donnie just stands there, his face stiff and blazing.

"Oh my gosh.. Thank you." You shyly mutter as he hands them to you. "Did you make these for me?" You ask, staring at them so that you didn't have to make eye-contact. "YEs!" Donnie's voice breaks as he stands there staring down at you anxiously.

Eventually, your nerves relax and you smile brightly. "Thank you. Come in, I want to find something to put them in."

-------

"Perfect!" You chirp as you set the vase down on your nightstand. With care, you slip the flowers into the vase. "They're beautiful Donnie."

You look back towards him as he stands in your doorway, attempting to relax. "It's no biggie."

You gaze at Donnie, he started rambling about how he'd made them and why. You realized that you were absolutely smitten over this boy. What guy would painstakingly craft a bouquet of flowers out of titanium? You feel butterflies swarm your stomach as you walk over to him and yank him into a huge embrace. "You're the best." You whisper.

Donnie was frozen as you held him tightly, which you found precious. Right then, you decided that you'd forgo the formality and just go for something.

You lean in and kiss his cheek. You could feel his face heat up beneath your lips, making you smile brighter. After a few seconds, you pull back and look up at him.

He stammers and stares back at you. "Wh-What.. Why did..?"

You snort and hug him again. "You deserve it."

Donnie slowly hugs you back as his breathing starts to get shaky. You pull back a bit and look him in the eye. 

For a moment you though you saw hem start to lean down, but his phone buzzed. He immediately gets an annoyed look on his face as he quickly and rather aggressively types something back. 

"What's wrong?" You ask. He looks up at you. "Mikey being Mikey. He got his arm stuck in a vending machine. Now they're asking me what to do. Look."

Donnie turns his phone to you. Before you is a sad, but mostly hilarious picture of Mikey hunched over with his arm up the hatch of a vending machine. His face filled with horror as bubbly tears streak down his cheeks. 

You resist laughing as you coo, "Poor thing.." 

Donnie rolls his eyes and types on last thing before putting his phone in his hoodie pocket. "What did you say?" You ask curiously as Donnie pulls you back into a hug. "I just told them to break it."

This time you let a laugh escape you lips as you hug him back, giving him the fullest embrace you could manage. Donnie squeezes you in his arms and starts lifting you off the ground. Sometimes you can forget how strong he is. As you rest in his arms, dangling above the ground, you look up. Poor mistake on your part.

The two of you stare centimeters apart. You could almost feel his lips brush against yours.  both of you gasp and Donnie quickly puts you down. 

You clumsily step back and look down at the floor, running your foot back and fourth over the carpet.