Chapter 17

"Damien.. Are you sure this will work- I mean- don't you feel a little guilty for all thi-"

The brunette's words run dry as he watches Damien move his hand towards his hip. "R-right! I'll get things done sir."

Damien retracts his hand and glares at Ben. "Be back by seven thirty, a blond in downtown Manhattan has something for me and I want your help to get it out of him."

Benjamin nods and makes his way to an elevator down a hall. "Yeah, yeah.. Whatever." he says under his breath.

-------

You finish brushing your teeth as April walks in with popcorn and smoothies. "Ready for another episode?"

You grumble as you open your mouth, no luck. Your tongue was still stained blue.

"Sure, but I'll pass on the candy and smoothie. My mouth will look like I ate enough highlighters as it is."

April shrugs and walks towards your room again.

Just as you were about to go for another round with your toothbrush, there's a knock at the door.

"Wonder who that is." You say, putting your toothpaste and toothbrush down, turning off the bathroom light and walking to your front door.

For a moment you thought it may be the boys again; however, when you opened the door, you were pleasantly surprised.

"Oh, wagon-boy!" You smile brightly at the brunette. "Hey, twinkle-toes." He says with a nervous smile. "What brings you here so soon?" You ask, leaning against your doorframe.

"Oh, nothing much. I just decided now would be a good time to swing by, since school's over for today and all."

You shrug and step aside. "Want to come in? We have a lot of food."

"We?" He asks, stepping back a bit. You notice his expression stiffen. "Oh, don't worry, the boys aren't here, it's just my friend." You reassure him, thinking he may just be scared of the boys, which was understandable..

Ben looked to relax a little bit and he slowly stepped in. "This place looks nice in the day-time." His head goes on a small swivel. "Where's your friend?" He looks back towards you and you point towards your room.

"Hey, April!" You call. A few seconds pass and her head pops out from your bedroom. "Yes?"

It took her a moment, but eventually she noticed Benjamin.

"Who are you?" She asks, stepping out of your room and standing in the hall with her mom-pose. Her eyes were squinted at Ben. Who was this stranger and why were they with you?

"Hi, there! Um, I'm Ben, I take it you're April?"

She steps to you both with her lower lip poked out in suspicion. "Yeah, that's me."

Ben grins as best he could and extends one of his hands for April to shake. After a few seconds of awkward staring, her stern face falls and she shakes his hand.

"So what are ya', her boyfriend or something?"

Benjamin and you stammer protests and denials, eyes wide like saucers.

April's eyes widen too as she wrings her wrists, gesturing for the two of you to relax. "Okay, okay, I get it!"

After a couple moments of gathering your wits, you and Ben are finally silent.