Chapter 16

Once Donnie got you to calm down a bit, after the disturbing discovery, the two of you got situated for bed. 

Donnie removed all his accessories, his mechanical shell, mask, and hoodie. Meanwhile, you got changed in your closet. Once you came out, Donnie was standing over your bed, looking nervous.

"Donnie? What's wrong?" You ask. He looked exhausted, but his expression showed he was on-edge.

"N-nothing. Uh.. here." Donnie peels back the blanket for you and gestures for you to get in. So, you crawl into bed as he urged and look at him with curious eyes.

"Are you going to sleep on the floor like you did the other day?"

Donnie shifts in his place, trying to stay awake long enough to reply. "No, I'll sleep at the end of the bed. Personal-space is important." He says, his eyes starting to flutter closed.

So, you reach to the side of your bed and turn your lamp off, while Donnie crawls onto the foot of your bed and snags a pillow from you. You sleepily grin as you watch his silhouette curl up at the end of the bed.

And so, after a very eventful night, the two of you finally drift off into a much needed sleep.

-------

-------

Something bumps against your arm, waking you up and making you groan, then turn onto your side to avoid the disturbance.

Again, something bumps into you, but it bumps against your back this time. With a huff, you pull the sheets higher over your shoulders to shield yourself from whatever was waking you up, but that was a little late. Whatever was bumping you had officially pulled you out of your peaceful slumber.

You yawn and rub your face, then look at the time, 4:00 pm. Rolling your eyes, you yawn again and decide to see what has woken you up.

Groggily, you flip over to face the culprit; however, that may have been a mistake.

As you fully turn, you freeze as you come face-to-face with Donnie. He was still asleep and you could feel his breath against your face. It tickled your nose, causing it to scrunch-up. 

In that moment, you realize that if you had shifted even the smallest bit while turning, you would've bumped your face into his. A cute thought to be sure, but not something you had been looking to happen at the moment. Your face blooms in a warm blush and you slowly back away, sitting up. As you look down at him, you realize something. You were completely bundled in the blankets, while he was outside, curled in a ball. It clicks in your brain that his face had been what was bumping against you, he was just trying to huddle against you for warmth.

You look at the sheets in a bit of shame. It wasn't too surprising you'd stolen all of them.

"Here.." You whisper, while removing the sheets from your body and draping them over Donnie, careful not to wake him.

Once he's covered, you notice his body relax as he finally has some warmth.

"Nice and cozy." You smile.