.5

| Mia |

And I wondered.

If I should tell Gloria about what happened? As she walked right by my side asking me to check if her foundation looked fab.

It was right on my tongue.

So hey you know Zack

The name Zack was right on the tip of my tongue. .and then  I decided not to tell her.

Because what was there to say?

It was just one measly encounter.

Nothing of a big deal. So the hot guy talked to me. .and the next second he forgot all about my existence.

Yay! Not!

I was done and dusted in his head.

Hot guys went for hot girls.

It was kind of shameful and pathetic how girls starts to imagine marrying the hot guy if he so much as blinks in her direction.

I was the girls.

So hopping into her car, I kept my mouth shut and promised myself to deep dive into over thinking when I was in my room.

At least I could over think right?

××××××××××××××××××

Slipping into my building, I was beat up. Tired to the bones. We walked we talked and we stalked.

As best friends , our weird obsession with couples continued and we shared it with each other without any shame.

It was 6 :30 and mom would be home by 10 so I had to prepare the dinner . Clean my room and the bathroom. Looking up at the stairs . .the zillion stairs—alright i was exaggerating .I just didn't have it in me to climb up. And the elevator seemed inviting to me.

The reception was empty.

The silence was hollow and defeaning.

Looking left and right , I headed towards it.

Thanking the lord above for no creeps.

But the lord had different plan than me. I was so intensely involved into my thoughts. .I didn't see the two bodies zooming in. Right towards the elevator.

Just as I slipped in , feeling happy for being alone. .two bodies flashed in right behind in!

And that one second of happiness went on its merry way as I turned around and saw two people in front of me.

Their backs at me.

Occupying the space.

So much for being happy!

Sighing dejectedly, I leaned across the metallic wall and watched as one of them pressed the ⬆️ button.

The elevator dinged to life and it groaned as it started to move up.

Since I had nothing to do so I observed whatever was available and that was. . .a tall lanky guy and a girl. Probably my age. .but she had her back to me and her arms were crossed kind of like in defensive manner.

Her head was covered with hijab.

The  guy's head turned towards her and almost instantly I could see the sleazy look he casted her way.

He opened his mouth.

"Can I see what's under that?" He said in a low voice as if i was deaf and couldn't hear him or I was some ghost.