.7

The yellow was starting to get on his nerves.

Twisting his lips in distaste, he leaned in for the shot , the cue stick steady in his grip—

"Mark my words. You can't get it in." Rad grinned eyeing the concentrated look on his friend's face.

"Watch me." He replied in a calculated manner.

And Rad watched with a fascinated face when Zack moved the cue stick and the yellow shot zapped towards the pocket and  — it stopped right at the edge of it!

Taunting him.

So close and yet so far. .

His grip on the steel rod hardened to the point of breaking. The veins on the back of his hand popped out.

Rad could hear the alarm bells go off because a pissed off  Zack was not a sight anyone would want to see or be the receiving end of.

He was heartless at winning and knowing his condition, Rad didn't want him to lose his shit.

"Calm down ! It's just a stupid game." Rad said now tapping the yellow shot and it rolled. . slipping in to the pocket. Disappearing from sight. " See? It made it. You won."

Zack didn't answer.

He kept staring at the space the ball had been at few moments ago.

Rad rolled his eyes .

"Zachary Smith! It's a good for nothing game and not an—"

"I don't get it." Zack said suddenly . His eyes not wavering from the spot.

"Don't get what?"

His blue eyes moved towards Rad , the cold look in his eyes so unflinching so . . cold. Rad shifted on his feet.

"Her. I don't get her."

Rad sighed and then placed the cue rod on the board . . moving towards his friend he wished he had never made that bet ever because with Zack everything was about winning.

About scoring.

He made it look like a life and death situation.

Zack was standing rigidly. His muscles tight and tensed. His jawline sharp and protruding.

"I'm taking my bet back. You can have my car for free."

"No!" He snapped, startling Rad, as if finally coming out of his stupor. He raised his index finger at his friend's wary   face. " I'll get your car after I get her! After I'm done with her!"

Rad took a deep breath trying to be patient with his hard headed friend.

"She's not going out with you under any circumstances—"

"I will make her! She walks on the ground as if she owns it! I'll snatch the ground right under her feet and watch her fucking beg!" Zack got breathless.

Rad couldn't argue with him because he seemed like a mad man. A man who had lost his senses. .that too over an ordinary girl.

The door suddenly opened, casting a light in the dimly lit room and a head peaked in.

"Baby? You coming?" A feminine voice asked and Zack pushed his hand in his hair. . messing them up.

"In a minute." Zack muttered darkly.

"Oh-kay! I'm waiting . " She sounded quite happy now sending a flying kiss towards him before stepping out and shutting the door.