.15

| Mia |

The road that I was suddenly on. .It was destructive.

And alluring.

I had no idea how and why it happened but it was happening. The next few days were . . unbelievable.

Unbelievable because I couldn't help but look back and think is it actually happening?

Is it still happening?

Never in million years did I dream about this. . relationship. This weird twisted beautiful relationship with a boy who flashed me smiles when I arrived. Who looked for me when I was absent. Who sneaked up on me.

Zack and I. .we were meeting each other without a single care in the world. The exhilaration , the rush of excitement in sneaking around. .  It was thrilling. .and scary.

In the next week we had met between classes. At every nook and cranny of the building . We had gone up to the cemetery. We had held hands and listen to each other heartbeat.

I was afraid to put a name on to our relationship. Was it actually a relationship or . . .

People cry at the end of a story and I was trying not to cry at the beginning of mine. Beginnings were as petrifying as the end .

And that day we were sitting beside my father's grave. .it was a bright sunny day with the birds out of their best. Day lilies were in bloom . .his knee was pressed up against mine. Our hand palm to plam. He didn't realize it but  he was holding my hand close to his heart. .

Sometimes we would sit in utter silence . Without saying a word . .now I understood the meaning of comfortable silence. It was my own little peaceful world.

"Zack." I called him softly.

He was staring at my father's grave.

"Yeah?"

"This—this happens in dream. If I told Gloria she would never believe me." I smiled and he turned his head at me.

The sunlight was filtering on half of his face. .the ocean in his eyes more clear than usual.

"And you? What about you?" He asked in a light manner.

I looked away from him. .

Staring straight ahead.

"Hmmm what about me. .whatever it is. .whatever that's happening between us. .," I glanced at him, " I'm not afraid of it. "

"I'm." He said in a low voice.

"May I know the reason?" I asked  gently. In the past one week I had noticed he didn't talk much. I was the one with the motor mouth. He was a man of few words and strangely I liked that.

"I mean. .stuff. .things that makes you happy—everything has an expiration date . Too good to be true. The question is when?"

I nodded sort of getting his point.

"I get it but it so doesn't mean to stop living in the moment. Generally speaking , shit happens in the name of love. You know, I'll never get why do people betray each other? It never made sense to me." I shrugged.

"Why do you think people betray?" He asked more like wondered.

"We. .humans have this odd thing inside. They want better than better. I can bet on it that 80% of men would be ready to cheat on their spouses if Kylie Jenner approached them. The rest 20% , my friend. . they're the real men. If a man can't be loyal , he's nothing but an empty vessel."