.30

| Mia |

I had a hockey stick in my hand and I had no qualms about using it to the best of my ability! I had watched enough of ninja turtles! Except. .they don't use hockey sticks. .

Guess I was a turtle by spirit!

Telling Iqra to stay right here, I went out.

Nope, I wasn't going to take the elevator. I was going to have the upper hand here by taking the stairs and catching him off guard.

He caught me on a wrong day! I swear I was gonna bash his nuts! It's about time!

Just as the thought filtered into my head, my grip tightened around the stick.

"Can't believe crap like that still exist." I muttered going down the stairs. You would think women were liberated in this era but oh no!

Men had to go out of their way to -

But then all fingers are not equal in height, same goes for men. Same goes for women.

Good and bad existed in each of the specie.

I was still cursing when I rounded the second last flight of the stairs, the railing so dirty . .I made sure to stick to the wall.

My rage intensified when I moved towards the last flight of the stairs . I was glad I got the chance to fight off someone. . .to unleash my heart on them. . he can't even dream of what's about to hit him-

"Mia?"

I halted right there.

On the top of the stairs. .with the hockey stick. I knew that voice! How could I not? My soul recognized his voice more than it did mine.

Slowly. .so slowly. .I glanced up. . seeing him at the bottom of the stairs and the sky fell on me. The stick slipped from my grip with a dull thud and it rolled down...and down until it landed right beside his feet.

He was looking up at me.

While I was looking down at him.

Dressed in the same clothes I had seen him in the last time. .his beard was overgrown. .and he had a gauze or cotton stuck on the side of his neck but didn't seem in pain. . in fact. .he had a warm smile on his face.

It felt like a I had seen him a decade ago. . .

"Zack. . " I whispered softly. Not believing what I was looking at.

And his smile deepened.

"It actually is you, Mia." He said softly, his eyes never leaving my face. "You know what, I don't like this long distance relationship . ." He jerked his chin at the stairs between us. "It can never work between us like that."

"I-i guess I should come down then." I croaked horribly, my eyes had started to burn. My nose stinging.

"I'm waiting." He crossed his arms over his heat, his warm smiling tugging at my heart.

The tears came on their on.

They spilled as I stepped downwards. I wiped them off . .they wouldn't stop. His ocean eyes remained fixed on me, his eyes having a tender look. .

My legs shook when I stepped down on the last stair. .he took a step back . .and I stepped down. Being face to face . Nose to nose.

I was sniffing badly and he wasn't saying a word.

All he did was look at me.

"Are you going to keep staring?" I asked in a low voice.

He nodded slightly. "I'm scared."