.12

| Mia |

Crickets.

All I heard were crickets.

My face bloomed with heat and I fought so hard with the incoming blush.

But I could feel my cheeks burn and blister under his gaze.

I would be a hypocrite if I say he didn't affect me. Because God damn he did! With that lazy smile and the weird twinkle in his eyes —

He didn't stop there.

Oh no.

He took advantage of my shut mouth.

Zack lifted his hand and with horror I watched it coming closer and closer until his index finger hooked under my chin and gently he lifted my face up in an angle that was perfect for a kiss!

"You have such beautiful eyes, Mia. Why do you hide them?" He asked or more like wondered .

Zack. .Zack was messing with my heart. My head was getting clouded!

"Stop . ." I whispered softly. .my breath fanning across his mouth.

"Or what? You'll burn me alive?" He asked in a husky voice and that really made my control snap because I had never heard such a sexy male voice!!

"I'll kill you . ." My strong voice had turned into a croak.

Something was stuck in my throat.

A light smile fell on his face.

"Do it. Right here . Right now ." He challenged and I had this — this strange feeling if he didn't pull back , I'll do something I'll regret later.

Like smashing my mouth against his!

I came down to earth with that thought and smacked his hand away from me.

With a chuckle , he did fall away. .my breath were coming in puffs. Shit! I felt like I ran a marathon ! I didn't wait around. .

I got up and—

He was up on his legs in a second.

Without saying anything to him or worse looking at him, I moved but— his voice stopped me in my tracks.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow. . sweetheart."

Thank God I had my back to him or else. . clenching my fists I didn't wait anymore.

I walked away without saying any word.

×××××××××××××××

I couldn't concentrate in class.

Or hear Gloria talk about makeup.

My mind was stuck. .stuck in that moment. .it's like I wanted to think about what happened. .over and over again. .i couldn't help but think what would have happened if I had kissed him?

Would the world shatter around me?

Or  would I get a taste of heaven?

Shaking my head, I doodled in my notebook.

An aimless doodle.

My heart was somewhere else.

My mind was still processing it. .why did it feel so good to hear him talk about me? I wanted more of it. I had this weird thing in me wanting to demand him to keep talking about me!

As far as I knew. .as far as I could see. .he didn't seem to have any ulterior motive. It was all in my head because of Gloria. She kept feeding me all that twisty romance crap about hot guy going for an ordinary girl because he wanted something from her aka virginity and whatnot .

"It's just a stupid party anyway. " I muttered to myself .

It's not like I was going to get married to him.

If I liked the environment , I would stay . Why ever not?

If I didn't like it there, I would leave.

Deep inside I knew even if I didn't like it there, I would still stay for him. I had seen him under this building so what would it be like to see him under his own building? To watch him move around his house.

I had made up my mind.

×××××××××××××××

"How about this one?"

The purple top I held against myself made me feel on edge. It was fine but not party type fine.

Iqra was on her stomach on my bed. Watching me fuss over every available outfit.

"Boring." She sighed.

"Are you kidding me bitch? This is the 7th outfit you labelled boring and the last outfit you labelled as prostitute!" I sounded frustrated and Iqra was enjoying every bit of it!

I hid everything from Gloria because I knew what she would say.

Don't go, Mia.

He's out to get you.

Think about it, Mia. Why would Leonardo Dicaprio suddenly switch to you?

This is exactly why I was not going to say a word to her because I wanted to do everything on my own. It was just one measly party . And I didn't want her to intervene.

I was rummaging through my wardrobe and then I saw it. The dress was laying innocently at the back and—how did I forget about it's existence?!

That one outfit that always saves you.

Snatching the outfit, I moved towards the mirror and held it against me.

"What do you think?"

The black and white body hugging long skirt had the sexy and sophisticated vibes. It was an ordinary dress and yet it seemed to catch eyes every time I wore it.

"Wow! I like it! You would look like Kim Kardashian ! It will accentuate your hourglass figure." Iqra gushed , all praises .

I sighed in relief.

Finally.

It was time to strip away all my extra clothes and glasses. It was time to just put myself out there.

If not now then when?

××××××××××××××××××

She was done with curling my hair in loose waves.

"Don't peek yet!" She warned now going over my lips. Swiping a dash of gloss over them.

"You're not to speak a word about this to anyone alright?" I said , my eyes shut.

"Aye aye captain!'

After a few minutes of her going over my makeup for the zillionth time , she asked me to open my eyes.

But slowly because I had wispy lashes on.

So I opened my eyes and then— I couldn't recognize the girl in the mirror.

Her skin was gleaming. Her gloss was popping and her eyes. . .looked like a part of a galaxy far far away . .the hazel eyes so striking it could stop anyone in their tracks. Her long hair laid out in beach waves and oh my God! Were those my beauty bones?!!

"Come on . Stand up for your fairy godmother."

Grinning, I stood up and went towards the floor length mirror.

Somehow someway, I looked confident. . placing my hands on my waist, I put my chin up as I looked over my body. The body hugging skirt putting my curves on display. .

It definitely had to be one of the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. .

×××××××××××××××××××××××××