.23

After two weeks :

If everything he did was the right thing to do. .then how come it felt so wrong?

The club he was at , was thriving with life. Music booming. Bodies writhing. Drinks being passed around. With empty eyes he had watched people laugh .  Something was wrong with the world.

His insides were on fire while the world celebrated.

Sitting  on the bar stool with a shot of Mary Jane ready at his service, he felt alien. Like he didn't belong anywhere.

Lately where he went, he felt like he didn't belong there. The most familiar of places didn't seem so familiar now.

His index finger was tracing the radius of the glass while his eyes were fixed on nothing.

Truth be told, he came here to . .to fill his insides. There was something in there. .it was eating him alive. He tried everything to fill it but it kept deepening. The hollow tight circle in his heart was swallowing him slowly. .

Hazel eyes flashed in his head and he shut his eyes. Gritted his teeth.

He saw the way she silently begged him not to break her heart.

Saw the way she kept staring at him as if. .as if he was going to fix her world . .

What about his world?

What about his heart?

And then he had to think about—

He stiffened.

There was a delicate hand on his shoulder and he had to fought with himself to keep his temper in check. He didn't want to be wanted right now.

He couldn't fake a smile or a sweet talk. He had gone from a go with the flow to broody in two weeks.

"You seem lonely." The whisper was cast away in his ear from behind.

Zack sighed.

Taking the shot up and downing it in one go.

He winced at the burn. Glad it numbed out the fire in him.

"Not interested." He said without looking back.

She laughed in his ear.

"I can make you—"

He turned his neck to the side she was at.

"Get out."

He didn't snap or yell.

But his voice had a cold authority in it that made the girl stop touching him . She snatched her hand back at his cold voice and then she hightailed from there.

It hit him then.

The walls of the club were closing in on him. The faces around him were changing under the disco lights. The people here were as lifeless as he was.

He had to leave.

Get up and leave!

This place was spiking up the dark thing in him. It was making him feel how lonely he got in a span of two weeks.

One person.

All it took was only one fucking person who made him feel this way!

He had been trying so hard to move on . .so hard to fix himself but nothing worked. He had gone out as far as taking two weeks off from school. He didn't have it in him to see her and his ex best friend together.

Holding hands.

A bolt of possessive current passed through him . .

How could anyone hold that hand but him? How could anyone make her laugh but him? See her up close, kiss those soft lips. . how could—

He shook his head.

Smiling bitterly.

He tried to gave her his world and she went for a speck.

If it wasn't the fact Rad was his best friend. .he would have been dead by now. But then again. .he had no complains from him.

It was her.

It was her decision to be with him so be it!!

×××××××××××××

| Mia |

After that day, I didn't see him.

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since I saw him last time. Did it make me pathetic that I wanted to see him? May be it did.

Maybe it didn't.

Because what I was feeling was normal. I wish I could be cold hearted who forgets and move on but I wasn't that.

I was the snail.

Who took time to move and forget.

Everyday I would expect to see him and I wouldn't. Everyday my heart would chill at the thought of seeing him and . .he wouldn't be there.

Gloria and Conrad held a dignified silence over the matter.

They didn't talk about it at all and I was glad.

Glad they didn't poke the wound more. It was healing but barely.

As I navigated through the building, I could feel the chill settling in my bones again. Guess he changed school or something. .

Without even showing his face?

I still couldn't get over the shock the disbelief over what came out of his mouth. And the weird thing was. .I should have been the one saying all those vile things.

I should have been the one cracking his head open .

But it was him .

Him who acted like he got betrayed.

Just as I was rounding the corner , I was lost in my head when I felt my heart stirring and I had to look up. .

And I wish I didn't.

Because he was there!  Entering the corridor like a breeze. And I had to do a double take. .

It was as if he was a shadow of the person I used to know.

No flashy expensive clothing. Dressed in a haphazard way. .the black jacket seemed old, the jeans too washed out . .the white shirt had stains on it and his face. .

His cheeks seemed more hollow. Pressed in. The beard on his face seemed forgotten. His short hair had grown in waves. .

The forlorn rough appearance tugged at my heart.

I had the sudden urge to go up to him and ask—

I looked at him.

But he didn't.

He kept staring ahead as he walked down. As if he was all alone . .my heart beat went wild when we got near each other and it broke my heart again to act like he was a stranger I didn't know. To act like his existence didn't matter to me anymore.

As if we didn't share kisses.

I was wrong.

I didn't get over him.

We passed by each other . .our shoulders inches away from each other . .his jawline tight.

But then I was reminded of what he did to me. He didn't look like the least bit of bothered about it.

I heard his heavy footsteps walking away and . .I should like the sound of past walking away from me. I should. .

My treacherous heart made me look over my shoulder. .at his broad back.

I couldn't help but ask. .why, Zack? Why did you ruin us?

My heart went cold for him.

I had one thought running in my head.

Let him burn in his own hell!

×××××××××××