.24

He was at the cafeteria.

Sitting , staring, absent.

Cut off.

He didn't care when the girls sit down beside him. He didn't care when they started to talk . .to engage him in their  conversation .

His heart was stuck somewhere else.

How did they went from being closer than skin to. . . complete strangers? How. . . He should hate her for what she did and yet every cell in his body reacted to her being so near in the corridor.

He had to fist his hands to stop himself from doing something stupid like kiss—

Zack looked up when he heard her voice from afar.

How could he not?

It was an automatic reflex.

Gloria, Conrad and her. .they were huddled together around a table . Laughing and whispering things to each other. .his stomach churned,  dropped when he looked around himself and found no one familiar.

His soul cracked a little and then involuntarily he slipped out his wallet . Flipping it open. Quietly , taking out the passport size picture tucked in. .

A smile like no other spread on his face. He remembered this day well. Zack had forced her to take off her specs and pose.

She had for him.

And he kept one of the photo with himself.

So what if she chose another man over him?

He was silently going to choose her over and over— no!

His ego reared its head.

The smile vanished from his face.

He was not going to choose her even if his life was on the line!

×××××××××××

| Mia |

He was looking.

Down.

At what?

I had no idea .

Guess he was looking down at the girl's leg, I thought bitterly. Jealousy getting the better of me and I had to remind myself. .I had no right to be jealous of anything he chooses to stare at.

I had my people around me and it was enough for me.

At least  I didn't hurt the people around me like him.

Didn't end up being lonely like him.

×××××××××××××

He was walking aimlessly through a dimly lit alley.

The fog was setting in. .white against the black of the night. The weather was cold but not enough to outshine the one inside him. He liked the wind biting at his chest. Liked how it diverted his mind . .

He halted when a huge black ball fell in front of him and the ball growled—

Two cats.

Engaged with each other in a fist fight.

Growling , screeching and attacking each other.

Zack side stepped from them and kept walking. .his head down. His walk slow.

He was waiting.

Waiting for himself to bounce back to how he used to be. Another reason he hated her . She took the person he used to be from him.